Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Is this chair valuable? - 1 attachment

This I just learned is a pressed back oak cane bottom chair.

I want to put it in the paper for sale - I have 4 - there are two different
patterns and I have two of each.

I don't want an exact value but if anybody here could ballpark it it would
be great.

Thanks so muck

Attached Thumbnails
Is this chair valuable? - 1 attachment-pressed_backimg_2677-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"remolacha" wrote in message
This I just learned is a pressed back oak cane bottom chair.

I want to put it in the paper for sale - I have 4 - there are two
different
patterns and I have two of each.

I don't want an exact value but if anybody here could ballpark it it would
be great.

Thanks so muck

I saw similar chairs new for about $75; probably closer to $100 now a few
years later. Is the set you have old or somehow special that they could get
a high price?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Interesting. I have exact copies in my dinig room except for the cane.
I see they took that model and repeated it........
I can take a picture if you want to see it.
jloomis
"remolacha" wrote in message
This I just learned is a pressed back oak cane bottom chair.

I want to put it in the paper for sale - I have 4 - there are two
different
patterns and I have two of each.

I don't want an exact value but if anybody here could ballpark it it would
be great.

Thanks so muck

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hey, I believe you, no need for a picture.
It's just that somebody is really interested in them and maybe I don't
know the value of it because I got them from my in-laws for free.
What did you pay for yours? any idea of what they may be worth??

Thx

"jloomis" wrote in
:

"remolacha" wrote in message
This I just learned is a pressed back oak cane bottom chair.

I want to put it in the paper for sale - I have 4 - there are two
different
patterns and I have two of each.

I don't want an exact value but if anybody here could ballpark it it
would be great.

Thanks so muck

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Without being able to see the cane I do not know if it is pressed cane or
hand woven cane. if there are no screw in the chairs they are about 70to
115 a piece. depnds of completeness of fininsh and any damage.
"remolacha" wrote in message
This I just learned is a pressed back oak cane bottom chair.

I want to put it in the paper for sale - I have 4 - there are two
different
patterns and I have two of each.

I don't want an exact value but if anybody here could ballpark it it would
be great.

Thanks so muck

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"remolacha" wrote in
Hey, I believe you, no need for a picture.

It's just that somebody is really interested in them and maybe I don't
know the value of it because I got them from my in-laws for free.
What did you pay for yours? any idea of what they may be worth??

Nice looking chairs ... but if what you really want is to not get screwed
when selling something of which you have no idea of the value, the very best
thing is to have the set professionally appraised.

All you will get here are guesses ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote
"remolacha" wrote in
Hey, I believe you, no need for a picture.

It's just that somebody is really interested in them and maybe I don't
know the value of it because I got them from my in-laws for free.
What did you pay for yours? any idea of what they may be worth??

Nice looking chairs ... but if what you really want is to not get screwed
when selling something of which you have no idea of the value, the very
best
thing is to have the set professionally appraised.

All you will get here are guesses ...

With the possible exception of a good psychic appraiser.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in
:

"Swingman" wrote
"remolacha" wrote in
Hey, I believe you, no need for a picture.

It's just that somebody is really interested in them and maybe I
don't know the value of it because I got them from my in-laws for
free. What did you pay for yours? any idea of what they may be
worth??

Nice looking chairs ... but if what you really want is to not get
screwed when selling something of which you have no idea of the
value, the very best
thing is to have the set professionally appraised.

All you will get here are guesses ...

With the possible exception of a good psychic appraiser.

All chairs are gone!

Thanks for your ideas!
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

remolacha wrote in news:Xns9AFD9933497B0remolacha@
63.218.45.252:

"Lee Michaels" wrote in
:

"Swingman" wrote
"remolacha" wrote in
Hey, I believe you, no need for a picture.

It's just that somebody is really interested in them and maybe I
don't know the value of it because I got them from my in-laws for
free. What did you pay for yours? any idea of what they may be
worth??

Nice looking chairs ... but if what you really want is to not get
screwed when selling something of which you have no idea of the
value, the very best
thing is to have the set professionally appraised.

All you will get here are guesses ...

With the possible exception of a good psychic appraiser.

All chairs are gone!

Thanks for your ideas!

Now you have to tell us the price you got!!

--
Best regards
Han