Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Valuable resource

This group is and can be a valuable resource

For those of us who don't use, hence know, all the terminology, it's good to have a resource to tell us. It allows us to search the term, to learn it and best understand. Though some of us don't do all the types of work, often, when we do need some work, we can reference the term, appropriately, when we ask for help with doing the construction, project.

Examples: It was good that I was reintroduce to the term "purlin". Over the years, I had forgotten what they actually were, though I had recalled the term. Some folks weren't/aren't aware of what a "radio arm saw" is.... innocent "mistakes"(?).

Not all of us are fully abreast of all terms, applications, etc. that are useful, when working on or planning a project, etc., and it's good to have a reference, for better/best describing what we want to do. Not everyone can describe their issues properly, since they don't know the proper term. Just because someone (lurker) doesn't participate in a discussion, doesn't mean they aren't paying attention and learning from others.

Sonny