Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bifold doors

I'm ready to begin my bifold closet door project and plan to purchase
the hardware first, per the suggestion of great advice from this forum.
I also plan to use simple 1" x 3", cut slots and insert panels. Very
simple, of course. Since the closet openings are not that big, I didn't
see the need to use standard size thickness. The problem is finding the
hardware for 1" (actually 3/4") thickness. Lowes and HD sell the
hardware but state a minimum of 1" thickness,as do most other retailers
I found online. Anyone know where I can find the hardware for my needs
or am I destined to use a thicker wood?

Thanks
Posted to rec.woodworking

Wouldn't you know it, after asking the question, I found a site (KV Door
Hardware) which offers hardware for a minimum of 3/4" doors. Anyone
heard of them?

I'm still open for suggestions.

Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Meanie" wrote in message

Wouldn't you know it, after asking the question, I found
a site (KV Door Hardware) which offers hardware for a
minimum of 3/4" doors. Anyone heard of them?

Yes. Knape and Vogt have been around for a long time and are one of the
larger hardware manufacturers. They are frequently referred to simply as
"KV".

http://www.knapeandvogt.com/

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 21:10:22 -0400, Meanie
wrote:

Wouldn't you know it, after asking the question, I found a site (KV Door
Hardware) which offers hardware for a minimum of 3/4" doors. Anyone
heard of them?

I'm still open for suggestions.

Thanks

My suggestion is to still use the heavier wood. Normal 1 1/4 inch
thick doors are none too strong for 16 inch panels (talking 1 1/4"
frames with panels or slats)