Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bifold doors

I'm ready to begin my bifold closet door project and plan to purchase
the hardware first, per the suggestion of great advice from this forum.
I also plan to use simple 1" x 3", cut slots and insert panels. Very
simple, of course. Since the closet openings are not that big, I didn't
see the need to use standard size thickness. The problem is finding the
hardware for 1" (actually 3/4") thickness. Lowes and HD sell the
hardware but state a minimum of 1" thickness,as do most other retailers
I found online. Anyone know where I can find the hardware for my needs
or am I destined to use a thicker wood?

Thanks