Posted to rec.woodworking
Meanie[_4_] Meanie[_4_] is offline

Default Bifold doors

I'm ready to begin my bifold closet door project and plan to purchase
the hardware first, per the suggestion of great advice from this forum.
I also plan to use simple 1" x 3", cut slots and insert panels. Very
simple, of course. Since the closet openings are not that big, I didn't
see the need to use standard size thickness. The problem is finding the
hardware for 1" (actually 3/4") thickness. Lowes and HD sell the
hardware but state a minimum of 1" thickness,as do most other retailers
I found online. Anyone know where I can find the hardware for my needs
or am I destined to use a thicker wood?

Thanks