Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The Entertainment Nook is Complete. Whew!

On 10/27/13 2:07 PM, Swingman wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:
On 10/26/13 9:55 PM, Swingman wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
On 10/26/2013 1:45 AM, Swingman wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Oh and Swingman, I think I'm probably going to do a little tweaking of the cables. ;~)

Good thing, I had fewer cables in a 32 track recording studio.

I pulled the top and untangled the cables this morning, piece of cake so
to speak. Still lots of cable but no longer a rats nest. LOL

Strange thing about cables and audio equipment is that often making the
cables all nice and neat will introduce RFI and magnetic interference
noises and hum that disappears when the cable is laid in a haphazard, rat's
nest.

Now you're reminding me of my old job. I did hundreds of installations
and there are some you can bundle an some you can't. That's one reason
pro cable costs so much and is so thick, due to the 100+% shielding an
balancing.

Some of the mic cable I used to use, I could lay parallel to AC cords
with zero 60 cycle hum, as long as all the grounding was correct. But
that's some expensive stuff and knowledgeable installation. Most home
instals are better with the rats nest. :-)

Yep, thousands and thousands in equipment with balanced inputs and outputs,
balanced TRS patch cords, and high dollar shielded cables; and the only
thing that will stop a guitar player's amp from humming in Bb on a tune in
A is a .49 cent ground lift adapter.

Ain't that the truth!

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, October 26, 2013 8:21:09 AM UTC-5, wrote:
"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message I started phase II of the entertainment nook 4 weeks ago and with the help of Swingman we slid the completed console into position this morning.

Meant to ask, how's the SawStop doing? Any new revelations about it?

Bottom line is, he could have done just as excellent a job using the Jet and saved all that Sawstop money for beer and boudin, for when watching that TV.... or for when untangling electrical cords.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonny wrote:
On Saturday, October 26, 2013 8:21:09 AM UTC-5, wrote:
"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message I started phase
II of the entertainment nook 4 weeks ago and with the help of
Swingman we slid the completed console into position this
morning.

Meant to ask, how's the SawStop doing? Any new revelations about it?

Bottom line is, he could have done just as excellent a job using the
Jet and saved all that Sawstop money for beer and boudin, for when
watching that TV.... or for when untangling electrical cords.

Sonny

You seem to have a hard on for Leon having bought a SawStop. Just why in
the hell is that?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/27/2013 7:43 PM, Sonny wrote:
On Saturday, October 26, 2013 8:21:09 AM UTC-5, wrote:
"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message I started phase II of the entertainment nook 4 weeks ago and with the help of Swingman we slid the completed console into position this morning.

Meant to ask, how's the SawStop doing? Any new revelations about it?

Bottom line is, he could have done just as excellent a job using the Jet and saved all that Sawstop money for beer and boudin, for when watching that TV.... or for when untangling electrical cords.

Sonny

Probably but I would not have enjoyed the process as much with the older
saw.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/27/2013 8:59 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Sonny wrote:
On Saturday, October 26, 2013 8:21:09 AM UTC-5, wrote:
"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message I started phase
II of the entertainment nook 4 weeks ago and with the help of
Swingman we slid the completed console into position this
morning.
Meant to ask, how's the SawStop doing? Any new revelations about it?

Bottom line is, he could have done just as excellent a job using the
Jet and saved all that Sawstop money for beer and boudin, for when
watching that TV.... or for when untangling electrical cords.

Sonny

You seem to have a hard on for Leon having bought a SawStop. Just why in
the hell is that?

I don't think so, what he mentioned is all truthful. ;~) He just left
out the more fun part.

Bottom line, I use my TS quite a bit and have had a few accidents. Use
one enough and something is going to happen. Now I have one less thing
to worry about in the shop.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, October 27, 2013 8:59:24 PM UTC-5, Mike Marlow wrote:
You seem to have a hard on for Leon having bought a SawStop. Just why in the hell is that? -- -Mike-

I thought it was obvious that I was simply being facitious, with the references to beer, boudin and electrical cords. It's not uncommon for me to, sometimes, fail at attempting a little humor. I guess the attempt was misplaced.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonny wrote:
On Sunday, October 27, 2013 8:59:24 PM UTC-5, Mike Marlow wrote:
You seem to have a hard on for Leon having bought a SawStop. Just
why in the hell is that? -- -Mike-

I thought it was obvious that I was simply being facitious, with the
references to beer, boudin and electrical cords. It's not uncommon
for me to, sometimes, fail at attempting a little humor. I guess the
attempt was misplaced.

Oh - you probably were - It's more like I probably read it with my bad
eye...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Wow Leon. Its beautiful. I just repurposed an old dresser : )

On Friday, October 25, 2013 5:31:54 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
I started phase II of the entertainment nook 4 weeks ago and with the

help of Swingman we slid the completed console into position this morning.

The console had to be IR and sound transparent so that I could hide all

of the electronics. It also had to hide the wiring, provide space for

the front sides and center speaker, storage for CD's DVD and BlueRay

disks and electronics and fill the 8' wide space. It does all of the above.

The back is completely open for ventilation and ease of accessing the

wiring and the top is totally removable and indexed for easy

replacement. The removeable top makes running all of the wiring a

breeze without having to pull the console out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/30/2013 8:55 AM, jloomis wrote:
Quite an entertainment center.
I had made one for my friends and used cane to cover the speaker
panels.
john

Thank you John!

Did you simply place the cane as in the openings or did you soak it in
water and glue it in place?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hello Leon,
I soaked the cane, and then in my routing, stapled and glued it in
place. It dried and tightened up nicely.
I bought the cane from a chair person. Hel told me what I needed to do,
and it worked well.
It makes a very sturdy cover on a cabinet....especially if sealed/painted
or....The people I made it for, painted it white since their home is white
cupboards.
John

"Leon" wrote in message

On 10/30/2013 8:55 AM, jloomis wrote:
Quite an entertainment center.
I had made one for my friends and used cane to cover the speaker
panels.
john

Thank you John!

Did you simply place the cane as in the openings or did you soak it in
water and glue it in place?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

On 10/30/2013 8:55 AM, jloomis wrote:
Quite an entertainment center.
I had made one for my friends and used cane to cover the speaker
panels.
john

Thank you John!

Did you simply place the cane as in the openings or did you soak it in
water and glue it in place?

Sounds nice. 10~12 years ago I recaned a set of dining room chair
seats. It is/was an involved job but it came out perfectly.

Whew! KD7HB Metalworking 0 March 5th 11 07:09 PM
Book Nook Thom Woodworking Plans and Photos 8 October 16th 07 12:27 PM
Fire safety for a dryer nook [email protected] Home Repair 21 April 22nd 07 03:34 AM
corner nook plans Russ Woodworking 3 August 15th 05 10:23 PM
Value of bedroom/dining nook to home?? FrankBooth Home Repair 8 July 16th 05 09:37 PM