Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default The Entertainment Nook is Complete. Whew!

On 10/30/2013 8:11 PM, jloomis wrote:
Hello Leon,
I soaked the cane, and then in my routing, stapled and glued it in
place. It dried and tightened up nicely.
I bought the cane from a chair person. Hel told me what I needed to do,
and it worked well.
It makes a very sturdy cover on a cabinet....especially if
sealed/painted or....The people I made it for, painted it white since
their home is white cupboards.
John

"Leon" wrote in message

On 10/30/2013 8:55 AM, jloomis wrote:
Quite an entertainment center.
I had made one for my friends and used cane to cover the speaker
panels.
john

Thank you John!

Did you simply place the cane as in the openings or did you soak it in
water and glue it in place?

Sounds nice. 10~12 years ago I recaned a set of dining room chair
seats. It is/was an involved job but it came out perfectly.