Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Menards

Menards just opened in our area, so went to look at their shed doors.
Unfortunately they are not kept in stock and take 4-6 weeks to
receive. They are foam core insulated steel doors (2), pre-hung on a
steel frame. Has anyone had any experience with these? Or Menards?

We need to replace or rebuild our shed doors and this may be a better
than wood. It will offer more security and should be easy enough to
hang once the door is framed. Any thoughts or advice on this?

Menard's doors will run about $269, free delivery to store. I haven't
priced out parts/lumber for a wood shed door, but it's barn style
doors 5'11" by 7'1". The original doors never alighed completely so
never bolt lock on the inside, just an outside padlock. Also the cross
wood (decoration) got water behind it and caused those pieces to rot
and started the doors rotting. If we go wood, we would bolt the door
thru the hinges instead of screw as the originals were as we had to
move them three times due to trim wood failure.

My husband and I have been trying to get outside things done before
winter, ergo I've been asking a few questions lately. Since I work
from home, and have more woodworking experience, I get to field this
work and research. So, any advice or information is appreciated.
`Casper

Menards impression my .02 notImpressed Woodworking 6 March 25th 11 11:54 PM
Menards - good? bad? just another box? me Woodworking 25 November 11th 08 07:27 PM
Menards bag sale Dean Home Repair 0 February 4th 07 04:00 PM
Menards Bag Sale 17% off AL Woodworking 5 February 20th 06 06:43 PM
Menards 20.04% off Jan 1-4 AL Woodworking 4 January 3rd 04 05:35 AM