Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anyone think they can duplicate this desk?

http://www.youtube.com/embed/MKikHxKeodA?rel=0

Too cool!

Apparently made hundreds of years ago in Germany. though, I'm uncertain.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 01 Jun 2013 07:20:49 -0400, Meanie wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/MKikHxKeodA?rel=0

Too cool!

Apparently made hundreds of years ago in Germany. though, I'm uncertain.

It has the look of being made in the 1800's. Can you think of how much it
would cost today to build one of those.

The workmanship is outstanding. I have seen other items that had hidden
drawers and compartments. The workmanship has always been outstanding.

Paul T.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/1/2013 12:33 PM, PHT wrote:
On Sat, 01 Jun 2013 07:20:49 -0400, Meanie wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/MKikHxKeodA?rel=0

Too cool!

Apparently made hundreds of years ago in Germany. though, I'm uncertain.

It has the look of being made in the 1800's. Can you think of how much it
would cost today to build one of those.

The workmanship is outstanding. I have seen other items that had hidden
drawers and compartments. The workmanship has always been outstanding.

Paul T.

What fascinates me is that workmanship without the advancement of our
tools today.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 01 Jun 2013 16:33:38 GMT, PHT wrote:

It has the look of being made in the 1800's. Can you think of how much it
would cost today to build one of those.

I made one virtually identical to that one for my wife. Turns out,
she said it did not match the rest of the furniture so she sold it at
a yard sale. Got $60 for it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

It has the look of being made in the 1800's. Can you
think of how
much it would cost today to build one of those.

I made one virtually identical to that one for my wife.
Turns out,
she said it did not match the rest of the furniture so she
sold it at
a yard sale. Got $60 for it.

and you still like her?g

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, June 1, 2013 1:19:41 PM UTC-5, ChairMan wrote:
Ed Pawlowski I made one virtually identical to that one for my wife. Turns out, she said it did not match the rest of the furniture so she sold it at a yard sale. Got $60 for it.

and you still like her?g

He got $70 for her, at the sale.

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

It has the look of being made in the 1800's. Can you
think of how
much it would cost today to build one of those.

I made one virtually identical to that one for my wife.
Turns out,
she said it did not match the rest of the furniture so she
sold it at
a yard sale. Got $60 for it.

and you still like her?g

Yeah, she bought me a bottle of bourbon with some the proceeds.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, June 1, 2013 6:20:49 AM UTC-5, SBH wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/embed/MKikHxKeodA?rel=0

Too cool!

Apparently made hundreds of years ago in Germany. though, I'm uncertain.

No one would undertake such a project today -- too many potential lawsuits from all the flying compartments. The craftsmanship is extraordinary.

Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sat, 01 Jun 2013 16:33:38 GMT, PHT wrote:

It has the look of being made in the 1800's. Can you think of how
much it would cost today to build one of those.

I made one virtually identical to that one for my wife. Turns out,
she said it did not match the rest of the furniture so she sold it at
a yard sale. Got $60 for it.

You too? Damned - I thought I was the only one. And... I tied up an entire
weekend building the damned thing. I could have gone out and played a round
of golf and smoked some sausage...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 1 Jun 2013 22:32:58 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sat, 01 Jun 2013 16:33:38 GMT, PHT wrote:

It has the look of being made in the 1800's. Can you think of how
much it would cost today to build one of those.

I made one virtually identical to that one for my wife. Turns out,
she said it did not match the rest of the furniture so she sold it at
a yard sale. Got $60 for it.

You too? Damned - I thought I was the only one. And... I tied up an entire
weekend building the damned thing. I could have gone out and played a round
of golf and smoked some sausage...

Well, the plans were free in the March 1953 edition of Popular
Mechanics. No need to tie up a weekend though as I cut the finishing
time. I rolled on a couple of coats of Sears ceiling white paint I
had. Dries fast. Fills the brad holes too.