Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default spraying Resisthane Plus

I am spraying some new cabinets with Resisthane Plus. The sequence I am using is:

0) sand smooth
1) spray water based dye for color
1a) warm the Resisthane and cabinets to about 80 degrees.
2) spray a sealer coat of Resisthane
3) lightly sand to get rid of any fuzz from raising grain again
4) spray 2 coats of Resisthane.
5) sand until surface is smooth - remove 75% of "bumps".
6) rub with steel wool until smooth and no "bumps"
7) wax

It is a lot of work. I am using a 4 stage Fuji HVLP gun. The Resisthane seems to go on wet and dries in about 30 minutes. I re-spray after a couple of hours and am surprised that the "bumps" appear after step 3. Do I need to thin the Resisthane? Spray more coats before it will level? Any help would be appreciated

Cat spraying - how to deter? Simon C. UK diy 37 October 13th 19 12:33 PM
Fence spraying NT[_2_] UK diy 0 May 3rd 10 02:52 PM
spraying poly? Renata Woodworking 18 October 25th 05 06:32 PM
Spraying Preservative bhads UK diy 6 October 5th 05 02:27 PM
Dishwasher not spraying David Micklem UK diy 9 August 5th 03 06:39 PM