Posted to rec.woodworking

Default spraying Resisthane Plus

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 11:40:08 -0800 (PST), Len
wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. The problem is orange peel. Unfortunately, I am at the age where it takes and hour for some words to come to the forefron, so "bumps" had to do.

I will try some of the things you suggested and let the group kno what works.

Are you properly wiping the piece down after sanding?
Is your spray booth properly wetted down prior to spraying?
Are fresh intake filters installed?
Did you filter the Resisthane through mesh paint filters to rule out
spraying the orange peel on?

I've never sprayed Resisthane waterborne lacquer, so I can't tell if
it needs thinning or not. Did you run a viscosity test? Is it within
the parameters Hydrocote (or the HVLP gun mfgr) says it should be? Did
you warm up the lacquer as you did the surfaces?

--
I’ve long been passionate about protecting and expanding democracy,
which is really the only viable mechanism to preserve liberty and