Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Grocery bag in the mail

Menards sent a grocery bag in the mail today with careful instructions
about how everything that would fit into the bag would be 20% off .
Turns out, a PC-557 plate-joiner fits a grocery bag almost exactly,
which brought it's retail price to $160(I remembered the unit being on
sale for $180 before Christmas, but unfortunately that sale was now
over). I did the only thing I could do... I slipped a bagof size FF
andsize 20 biscuits into the bag and brought 'em home.I still need a
router *table*. I should probably buy the one for about $150, including
shipping- at grizzly. The WoodworkerShowsis coming to Indianapolis in
about 2 weeks. Suggestionon router table? They evidently are usually
sold as a luxury item.

Cheers,
Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bill" wrote in message ...

Menards sent a grocery bag in the mail today with careful instructions
about how everything that would fit into the bag would be 20% off .
Turns out, a PC-557 plate-joiner fits a grocery bag almost exactly,
which brought it's retail price to $160(I remembered the unit being on
sale for $180 before Christmas, but unfortunately that sale was now
over). I did the only thing I could do... I slipped a bagof size FF
andsize 20 biscuits into the bag and brought 'em home.I still need a
router *table*. I should probably buy the one for about $150, including
shipping- at grizzly. The WoodworkerShowsis coming to Indianapolis in
about 2 weeks. Suggestionon router table? They evidently are usually
sold as a luxury item.

Cheers,
Bill

Bill, take a look at Pat Warner's site http://www.patwarner.com/ and go to
here http://www.patwarner.com/router_table.html. Some excellent advice and
anything he makes is top shelf. He used to be quite active in this forum and
mentored many of us on using a router.

A few years back Pat wrote an article for FWW and showed how to make an
earlier version of his "Precision Integrated Curtain Fence". I built the
split-fence version that is shown in the router table article and have used
it to make cabinet doors and drawers for 3 kitchens plus an interior door
with curved rails as well as many other projects.

Build your own table and customize it to your needs.

Bob S.

Posted to rec.woodworking

BobS wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message ...

[...]

Thank you for the links, Bob! I can see I'm going to have to spend some
time at the site. I had considered just buying a router plate, and then
I thought about all of the other pieces (like a fence and dust port)
that I still wouldn't have. Surely I can learn more at Pat Warner's site.

Cheers,
Billl

Posted to rec.woodworking

BobS wrote:

Bill, take a look at Pat Warner's site http://www.patwarner.com/ and
go to here http://www.patwarner.com/router_table.html. Some
excellent advice and anything he makes is top shelf. He used to be
quite active in this forum and mentored many of us on using a
router.

Start with Norm's NYW router station, then combine with Pat's
top, fence, etc.

You get the best of both worlds.

Finish with a Milwaukee 5625 and a lift station.

You'll have a grand invested.

It will be money well spent.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/3/2013 9:30 PM, Bill wrote:

Menards sent a grocery bag in the mail today with careful instructions
about how everything that would fit into the bag would be 20% off .
Turns out, a PC-557 plate-joiner fits a grocery bag almost exactly,
which brought it's retail price to $160(I remembered the unit being on
sale for $180 before Christmas, but unfortunately that sale was now
over). I did the only thing I could do... I slipped a bagof size FF
andsize 20 biscuits into the bag and brought 'em home.I still need a
router *table*. I should probably buy the one for about $150, including
shipping- at grizzly. The WoodworkerShowsis coming to Indianapolis in
about 2 weeks. Suggestionon router table? They evidently are usually
sold as a luxury item.

Cheers,
Bill

I miss Menards!

I lived in Indianapolis for 10 years, and while we had a Lowes home
Depot within a mile of our house we made most of our purchases at
Menards. We have lived in Raleigh NC for a little over a year now.

I wish they would build a Menards in Raleigh, but under the current
economy I doubt that will occur until we come out of this depression.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 1/3/2013 9:30 PM, Bill wrote:

Menards sent a grocery bag in the mail today with careful instructions
about how everything that would fit into the bag would be 20% off .
snip

I miss Menards!

Keith, I really like them too. By accumulating their "Free after
rebate" (quality!) T-shirts, they even help clothe me!

By moving to NC, you missed out on 12 inches of snow this year! I hope
you are enjoying Raleigh.

Bill

I lived in Indianapolis for 10 years, and while we had a Lowes home
Depot within a mile of our house we made most of our purchases at
Menards. We have lived in Raleigh NC for a little over a year now.

I wish they would build a Menards in Raleigh, but under the current
economy I doubt that will occur until we come out of this depression.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/4/2013 5:18 PM, Bill wrote:
Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 1/3/2013 9:30 PM, Bill wrote:

Menards sent a grocery bag in the mail today with careful instructions
about how everything that would fit into the bag would be 20% off .
snip

I miss Menards!

Keith, I really like them too. By accumulating their "Free after
rebate" (quality!) T-shirts, they even help clothe me!

By moving to NC, you missed out on 12 inches of snow this year! I hope
you are enjoying Raleigh.

Bill

But I liked snow. I enjoyed going out in the evening when everything
was sparking, and white. With it being cold for some days the humidity
is low, so you don't get cold like when it is 34 and high humidity.

My grandson is praying for snow. In the past he has been quite
successful as the snow in Raleigh two years ago at Christmas.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/4/2013 7:01 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
But I liked snow. I enjoyed going out in the evening when everything
was sparking, and white. With it being cold for some days the humidity
is low, so you don't get cold like when it is 34 and high humidity.

There is little more beautiful than an evening in crisp, new snow ... a
quietness as equally beautiful as a desert evening. When I was stationed
in Bavaria in the service we used to go to Garmisch around Christmas
time ... has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth in the winter.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking
Roy Roy is offline

Bill -

FWIW, my first router table was a piece of plywood with a 1-2 inch hole drilled
in it. Router was attached to the plywood with longer 10x32 screws. Router
plus table was positioned over a Rubbermaid 33 gallon trash can. Second router
table is still the wing of my TS. Most recent router tables involve a
woodworking vise and a couple of Stanley 71's.

It doesn't need to be expensive or fancy to work well. The plywood scrap and
the barrel let me do just about anything I needed. The insert in my TS wing
gives me a router table without taking up any more floorspace. Still trying to
figure out how to use the 71's.

Regards,
Roy

On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 21:30:17 -0500, Bill wrote:

Menards sent a grocery bag in the mail today with careful instructions
about how everything that would fit into the bag would be 20% off .
Turns out, a PC-557 plate-joiner fits a grocery bag almost exactly,
which brought it's retail price to $160(I remembered the unit being on
sale for $180 before Christmas, but unfortunately that sale was now
over). I did the only thing I could do... I slipped a bagof size FF
andsize 20 biscuits into the bag and brought 'em home.I still need a
router *table*. I should probably buy the one for about $150, including
shipping- at grizzly. The WoodworkerShowsis coming to Indianapolis in
about 2 weeks. Suggestionon router table? They evidently are usually
sold as a luxury item.

Cheers,
Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

Roy wrote:
Bill -

FWIW, my first router table was a piece of plywood with a 1-2 inch hole drilled
in it. Router was attached to the plywood with longer 10x32 screws.

I've routed without a table, so I believe you. My first router table may
look a little like your first one!

Router
plus table was positioned over a Rubbermaid 33 gallon trash can. Second router
table is still the wing of my TS. Most recent router tables involve a
woodworking vise and a couple of Stanley 71's.

I'm drawn to those router planes too.

Cheers,
Bill

[...]

Completely OT. Grocery delivery services Hugh - Was Invisible UK diy 152 December 5th 11 06:34 PM
Grocery Store Won't Reclaim Their Carts Mortimer Schnerd, RN Home Ownership 7 March 23rd 07 09:41 PM
No mail box! miamicuse Home Repair 57 January 25th 06 03:11 AM
Grits & Groans. Are paper grocery bags always 2000.063 grit? Arch Woodturning 15 May 16th 05 04:17 PM