Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Grocery Store Won't Reclaim Their Carts

Some lowlifes have apparently moved into my neighborhood and one or more of them
has taken to shopping at the Harris Teeter about a mile from here, then rolling
their shopping cart back to the neighborhood, where it's abandoned. I've seen
three carts within the last 10 days or so.

I called HT once; they thanked me but nothing happened.

Today, I was in the grocery store and stopped by the service counter and
mentioned the carts. It appears they've changed cart types in the last week or
so and don't use the kind that were abandoned any more. Nothing wrong with
them, either... I don't know why they would have changed.

In any case, the fellow told me he didn't have any use for them any more. Well,
neither do I. Anybody got any ideas short of me having to push the damned
things back up to their store where they belong? We have enough problems with
trash in this city; we don't need these laying around as well.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com