Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Yet another calculator Decimal to Fractional Inches

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/convert.php

Suggestions? (other than don't make any more calculators)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/31/2012 2:27 PM, wrote:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/convert.php

Suggestions? (other than don't make any more calculators)

WHAT Happened to NJ in the moisture calculator... don't worry, I try to
forget I live here at times too.

All of Our politicians make the Dukes of Hazzards Boss Hog look like a
Prince.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, December 31, 2012 4:40:40 PM UTC-5, tiredofspam wrote:
On 12/31/2012 2:27 PM, wrote:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/convert.php

Suggestions? (other than don't make any more calculators)

WHAT Happened to NJ in the moisture calculator... don't worry, I try to

forget I live here at times too.

All of Our politicians make the Dukes of Hazzards Boss Hog look like a

Prince.

Huh. I didn't notice that omission. For some reason the U.S. Department of Agriculture didn't want to go there and report on lumber moisture content. Not sure why.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/convert.php

Suggestions? (other than don't make any more calculators)

WHAT Happened to NJ in the moisture calculator... don't worry, I try to

forget I live here at times too.

All of Our politicians make the Dukes of Hazzards Boss Hog look like a

Prince.

Huh. I didn't notice that omission. For some reason the U.S. Department of Agriculture didn't want to go there and report on lumber moisture content. Not sure why.

Probably they didn't pay the local politicians to enter the state.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 11:27:29 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/convert.php

Suggestions? (other than don't make any more calculators)

Thanks for putting these together, the shrinkage calculator is very
useful.

For converting anything to anything else:

http://www.convertit.com/Go/ConvertI.../Converter.ASP

Note the properties to be converted have to be consistent (i.e. you
can't convert length to volume. I haven't tried converting mass to
energy, but I hear it can be done.

-Zz

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/convert.php

Suggestions? (other than don't make any more calculators)

Thanks for putting these together, the shrinkage calculator is very
useful.

For converting anything to anything else:

http://www.convertit.com/Go/ConvertI.../Converter.ASP

Note the properties to be converted have to be consistent (i.e. you
can't convert length to volume. *I haven't tried converting mass to
energy, but I hear it can be done.

-Zz

That's a different sort of calculator in that you _tell_ it your units
of measure as opposed to choosing them from a list. That can result in
some interesting answers if you don't use the correct words or
abbreviations.

I tried to convert 1000 g (for gallons) to q (for quarts).

Conversion Result:
Note: I do not know the definition of "q".

So I changed the "q" to "qt":

Conversion Result:
1000 gravitational acceleration
(acceleration) TO fluid quart (volume) =
10362571.4290321 1 / meter^2 second^2

Now, I'm sure that's useful to someone, but certainly not to me! ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

That's a different sort of calculator in that you _tell_ it your units
of measure as opposed to choosing them from a list. That can result in
some interesting answers if you don't use the correct words or
abbreviations.

I tried to convert 1000 g (for gallons) to q (for quarts).

Conversion Result:
Note: I do not know the definition of "q".

So I changed the "q" to "qt":

Conversion Result:
1000 gravitational acceleration
(acceleration) TO fluid quart (volume) =
10362571.4290321 1 / meter^2 second^2

Now, I'm sure that's useful to someone, but certainly not to me! ;-)

You just need to know the acceptable abbreviations for the units.

I mean, going from furlongs/fortnight to kilometers/nanoseconds is
easy as pi.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, December 31, 2012 1:27:29 PM UTC-6, wrote:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/convert.php

Suggestions? (other than don't make any more calculato

That's pretty damn cool. And useful as my calipers are decimal.