Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Yet another calculator Decimal to Fractional Inches

On Jan 1, 1:54*pm, Zz Yzx wrote:
On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 11:27:29 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/convert.php

Suggestions? (other than don't make any more calculators)

Thanks for putting these together, the shrinkage calculator is very
useful.

For converting anything to anything else:

http://www.convertit.com/Go/ConvertI.../Converter.ASP

Note the properties to be converted have to be consistent (i.e. you
can't convert length to volume. *I haven't tried converting mass to
energy, but I hear it can be done.

-Zz

That's a different sort of calculator in that you _tell_ it your units
of measure as opposed to choosing them from a list. That can result in
some interesting answers if you don't use the correct words or
abbreviations.

I tried to convert 1000 g (for gallons) to q (for quarts).

Conversion Result:
Note: I do not know the definition of "q".

So I changed the "q" to "qt":

Conversion Result:
1000 gravitational acceleration
(acceleration) TO fluid quart (volume) =
10362571.4290321 1 / meter^2 second^2

Now, I'm sure that's useful to someone, but certainly not to me! ;-)