Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Kick back Demonstration, this guy is an idiot

And Ill give him credit that he knows he is an idiot.

I have always said that no amount of safety procedures will protect you
if your time is up.

I have seen this guy give demo's, IIRC Incra uses him, he wants to show
you how a kick back happens and damn near cuts his hand off as you will
see on the slow motion video.

One would think that if you are going to demo a kick back that you would
take more precautions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7sRrC2Jpp4
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
And Ill give him credit that he knows he is an idiot.

I have always said that no amount of safety procedures will protect you if
your time is up.

I have seen this guy give demo's, IIRC Incra uses him, he wants to show
you how a kick back happens and damn near cuts his hand off as you will
see on the slow motion video.

One would think that if you are going to demo a kick back that you would
take more precautions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7sRrC2Jpp4

Maybe one of those plastic/rubber hands that the dog behaviorists use to
test food aggression. They know better. They are not going to put their
hand someplace where it could be bitten.

If the dog people can figure it out, what is his problem?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 14:07:15 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

And Ill give him credit that he knows he is an idiot.

I have always said that no amount of safety procedures will protect you
if your time is up.

I have seen this guy give demo's, IIRC Incra uses him, he wants to show
you how a kick back happens and damn near cuts his hand off as you will
see on the slow motion video.

One would think that if you are going to demo a kick back that you would
take more precautions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7sRrC2Jpp4

I'm bettin' there is a cabinet position in D.C. that this guy would be
more qualified for than the current member.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
And Ill give him credit that he knows he is an idiot.

I have always said that no amount of safety procedures will protect you if
your time is up.

I have seen this guy give demo's, IIRC Incra uses him, he wants to show
you how a kick back happens and damn near cuts his hand off as you will
see on the slow motion video.

One would think that if you are going to demo a kick back that you would
take more precautions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7sRrC2Jpp4

I've had two kick backs in my life and both times it was the same
scenario... I had been making non-through cuts so I had taken the BIESEMEYER
T-Splitter out. I was tired but needed to make "one more" through cut to get
to to a good stopping point. In both cases I didn't reinstall the
T-Splitter... In both cases I had a kick back that bruised not only my ego
but my mid-section. I will NEVER EVER AGAIN continue to work in the shop
when I know I am tired and I will NEVER EVER AGAIN make a through cut
without the T-Splitter!

http://www.deltamachinery.com/access...category_id=45

Another point of concern with the video: After hearing about what happened
to a guy in my woodworking club I will NEVER EVER AGAIN use plastic push
sticks on the table saw... My associate accidently hit the blade with a
plastic push stick and it exploded shooting shrapnel into his hand and
forearm. I now use solid pine push sticks only... not even plywood as I've
had pieces of plywood delaminate in the past and go flying.

John
The voice of experience... mine and others!

Posted to rec.woodworking

"John Grossbohlin" wrote:

http://www.deltamachinery.com/access...category_id=45

That one is a winner.

Used the one for the Unisaw.
Another point of concern with the video: After hearing about what
happened to a guy in my woodworking club I will NEVER EVER AGAIN use
plastic push sticks on the table saw... My associate accidently hit
the blade with a plastic push stick and it exploded shooting
shrapnel into his hand and forearm. I now use solid pine push sticks
only... not even plywood as I've had pieces of plywood delaminate in
the past and go flying.

I like a piece of 2by4, about 12" long with a rear hook cut into it
using
a bandsaw to form it for a push block.

Get about 7-8 pieces from a 96" 2by4.

Lew

John
The voice of experience... mine and others!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 2, 3:07*pm, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
And Ill give him credit that he knows he is an idiot.

I have always said that no amount of safety procedures will protect you
if your time is up.

I have seen this guy give demo's, IIRC Incra uses him, *he wants to show
you how a kick back happens and damn near cuts his hand off as you will
see on the slow motion video.

One would think that if you are going to demo a kick back that you would
take more precautions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7sRrC2Jpp4

Almost fed his hand into the heel end of the blade. Toe
end just nips off a fingertip or two. The heel end turns
the hand into hamburger.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/2/2012 2:07 PM, Leon wrote:
And Ill give him credit that he knows he is an idiot.

I have always said that no amount of safety procedures will protect you
if your time is up.

I have seen this guy give demo's, IIRC Incra uses him, he wants to show
you how a kick back happens and damn near cuts his hand off as you will
see on the slow motion video.

One would think that if you are going to demo a kick back that you would
take more precautions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7sRrC2Jpp4

Just had to watch this one more time.... I wonder how many times he
actually did this. He shows at the end of the video the damage done to
the push block....but the damage was done as shown prior to the kick
back. You can see the damaged front section of the push block while hse
is feeding the wood.