Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Forrest Saw Blade

I am trying to contact with Forrest Manufcturing Company from
Japan. But I have not yet been able to connect to anyone of Forrest.

I know New York and New Jersey were suffered big damage by Harricane
Sandy.
Please advise it if someone knows about what Forrest was going on
now.

Thanks in advance,

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
I am trying to contact with Forrest Manufcturing Company from
Japan. But I have not yet been able to connect to anyone of Forrest.

I know New York and New Jersey were suffered big damage by Harricane
Sandy.
Please advise it if someone knows about what Forrest was going on
now.

I don't have any information specifically about Forrest's situation in
Clifton, NJ beyond knowing that their web site is working.

http://www.forrestblades.com/

If it's simply a matter of ordering a blade you can get them through
Amazon.com

I recognize your ISP as I have a friend in Chiba, Japan, who happens to be a
woodworker, who uses the same ISP...

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
I am trying to contact with Forrest Manufcturing Company from
Japan. But I have not yet been able to connect to anyone of Forrest.

I know New York and New Jersey were suffered big damage by Harricane
Sandy.
Please advise it if someone knows about what Forrest was going on
now.

I don't have any information specifically about Forrest's situation in
Clifton, NJ beyond knowing that their web site is working.

http://www.forrestblades.com/

If it's simply a matter of ordering a blade you can get them through
Amazon.com

I recognize your ISP as I have a friend in Chiba, Japan, who happens to
be a woodworker, who uses the same ISP...

Amazon is weird that way, the US site carries tons of stuff not
available elsewhere, and they won't ship even to Canada, Japan is even
less likely.

My wife has had a friend of hers in the US order stuff, and reship to
Canada. Their Canadian site does not carry any woodworking stuff, even
some of the books carried in the US.

I suspect the Japanese site, if there even is one, is similar.

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Forrest is right on the passaic river. I don't think the river affected
them, but being that they are facing east/north east if I remember they
probably got hammered. Also they probably have no power right now.
Give them another week to 2 weeks.

On 11/2/2012 7:18 PM, wrote:
I am trying to contact with Forrest Manufcturing Company from
Japan. But I have not yet been able to connect to anyone of Forrest.

I know New York and New Jersey were suffered big damage by Harricane
Sandy.
Please advise it if someone knows about what Forrest was going on
now.

Thanks in advance,

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/03/12 12:51 PM, Len wrote:
Their web site is still up - but I guess I don't know the location of the host machine.

A trace route times out with viawest.net, who I imagine does their hosting.
See http://www.viawest.com/data-center-communities

None of their facilities are anywhere near New Jersey.

--
Froz...