DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Forrest Saw Blade (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/348628-forrest-saw-blade.html)

[email protected] November 2nd 12 11:18 PM

Forrest Saw Blade

I am trying to contact with Forrest Manufcturing Company from
Japan. But I have not yet been able to connect to anyone of Forrest.

I know New York and New Jersey were suffered big damage by Harricane
Sandy.
Please advise it if someone knows about what Forrest was going on
now.

Thanks in advance,

John Grossbohlin[_2_] November 3rd 12 12:52 AM

Forrest Saw Blade

wrote in message
I am trying to contact with Forrest Manufcturing Company from
Japan. But I have not yet been able to connect to anyone of Forrest.

I know New York and New Jersey were suffered big damage by Harricane
Sandy.
Please advise it if someone knows about what Forrest was going on
now.

I don't have any information specifically about Forrest's situation in
Clifton, NJ beyond knowing that their web site is working.

http://www.forrestblades.com/

If it's simply a matter of ordering a blade you can get them through
Amazon.com

I recognize your ISP as I have a friend in Chiba, Japan, who happens to be a
woodworker, who uses the same ISP...

John

FrozenNorth[_4_] November 3rd 12 03:03 AM

Forrest Saw Blade

wrote in message
I am trying to contact with Forrest Manufcturing Company from
Japan. But I have not yet been able to connect to anyone of Forrest.

I know New York and New Jersey were suffered big damage by Harricane
Sandy.
Please advise it if someone knows about what Forrest was going on
now.

I don't have any information specifically about Forrest's situation in
Clifton, NJ beyond knowing that their web site is working.

http://www.forrestblades.com/

If it's simply a matter of ordering a blade you can get them through
Amazon.com

I recognize your ISP as I have a friend in Chiba, Japan, who happens to
be a woodworker, who uses the same ISP...

Amazon is weird that way, the US site carries tons of stuff not
available elsewhere, and they won't ship even to Canada, Japan is even
less likely.

My wife has had a friend of hers in the US order stuff, and reship to
Canada. Their Canadian site does not carry any woodworking stuff, even
some of the books carried in the US.

I suspect the Japanese site, if there even is one, is similar.

--
Froz...

Ed Pawlowski November 3rd 12 03:09 AM

Forrest Saw Blade

On Fri, 2 Nov 2012 16:18:07 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I am trying to contact with Forrest Manufcturing Company from
Japan. But I have not yet been able to connect to anyone of Forrest.

I know New York and New Jersey were suffered big damage by Harricane
Sandy.
Please advise it if someone knows about what Forrest was going on
now.

Thanks in advance,

Forrest is in one of the harder hit areas of NJ. I'd wait a week or
sol Good chance they have no power.

tiredofspam November 3rd 12 02:55 PM

Forrest Saw Blade

Forrest is right on the passaic river. I don't think the river affected
them, but being that they are facing east/north east if I remember they
probably got hammered. Also they probably have no power right now.
Give them another week to 2 weeks.

FrozenNorth[_4_] November 3rd 12 05:08 PM

Forrest Saw Blade

On 11/03/12 12:51 PM, Len wrote:
Their web site is still up - but I guess I don't know the location of the host machine.

A trace route times out with viawest.net, who I imagine does their hosting.
See http://www.viawest.com/data-center-communities

None of their facilities are anywhere near New Jersey.

--
Froz...

Han November 4th 12 05:01 PM

Forrest Saw Blade

wrote in news:8256c0fb-666c-4c9a-bd90-8b11d83c7465
@googlegroups.com:

I am trying to contact with Forrest Manufcturing Company from
Japan. But I have not yet been able to connect to anyone of Forrest.

I know New York and New Jersey were suffered big damage by Harricane
Sandy.
Please advise it if someone knows about what Forrest was going on
now.

Thanks in advance,

I am about 10 miles north of Clifton (driving distance). Some parts of
our town aren't expected to have power back until tonight (if things go
well). I drove yesterday around and had no trouble on the main roads (Rt
20/21, I80, US46). I think that Clifton must have been hit as hard as we
were, but don't think that the Passaic there would have flooded - we
didn't get much rain, just wind, and many trees and powerlines down.
Utilities were very busy getting main transmission and substations back
on line. There was no work done in the local streets around here until
Friday.

I'd give Forrest until after the elections to get their place cleaned up.

--
Best regards
Han