Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default chifforobe castors

I have an old chifforobe made in the 1920's
the wood wheel castors are broken/wornout.

I considered fitting it with modern ball bearing
castors, but the idea doesn't appeal to me.
Kinda like putting a CD player in a 1905
Pierce Arrow.

The other option is to repair the old wheels,
this is doable, but I am curious as to what kind of wood
to make the replacement wheels from.

Hickory, hard maple, lignum vitae ?

Any ideas?

basilisk

Jacking castors NoSpam UK diy 7 January 21st 12 09:16 AM
Help! Ikea chair replacement castors... Tim Watts UK diy 11 May 13th 10 03:02 PM
Retractable Castors Upscale Woodworking Plans and Photos 1 July 12th 08 03:07 AM
Adding castors to table legs dog-man UK diy 7 December 21st 07 04:08 PM
Source of castors with rubber tyres? NoSpam UK diy 4 July 25th 07 08:08 PM