Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Source of castors with rubber tyres?

I've got a couple of office chairs with hard tyre'd castors and need to
change them to the type with rubber tyres so that they're OK on laminate
flooring.
So far I haven't managed to find a supplier - any suggestions?

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

"NoSpam" wrote in message
I've got a couple of office chairs with hard tyre'd castors and need to
change them to the type with rubber tyres so that they're OK on laminate
flooring.
So far I haven't managed to find a supplier - any suggestions?

Dave

Use hard tyre castors on laminate for years with no problem

Mind you I do sweep the floor regularly to remove grit etc

Not sure how the rubber castors would be better as tiny bits of dirt get
embedded in the rubber

Tony

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:27:24 +0100, NoSpam wrote:

I've got a couple of office chairs with hard tyre'd castors and need to
change them to the type with rubber tyres so that they're OK on laminate
flooring.
So far I haven't managed to find a supplier - any suggestions?

Dave

===================================
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/se...castors/page/1

Cic.
--
===================================
Using Ubuntu Linux

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cicero wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:27:24 +0100, NoSpam wrote:

I've got a couple of office chairs with hard tyre'd castors and need to
change them to the type with rubber tyres so that they're OK on laminate
flooring.
So far I haven't managed to find a supplier - any suggestions?

Dave

===================================
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/se...castors/page/1

Cic.

Thanks for the suggestion but chairs use push-in, rather than threaded,
spigots. They seem to be 64mm wheels and 3/8 spigots.
(But with 10 to replace I may just take Tony's advice and leave them.)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

NoSpam wrote:
I've got a couple of office chairs with hard tyre'd castors and need
to change them to the type with rubber tyres so that they're OK on
laminate flooring.
So far I haven't managed to find a supplier - any suggestions?

IKEA - in the marketplace storage section - and very good value.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Source of rubber feet for small tabletop appliances David Nebenzahl Home Repair 27 February 9th 16 04:01 PM
OT? Trailer tyres .. T i m UK diy 6 April 23rd 07 09:36 PM
Seeking a source for small bore rubber or silcone tubing. Nick L. O'Deon UK diy 5 June 7th 04 11:16 PM
source for rubber bushings William R Hopcraft Metalworking 6 May 19th 04 06:37 AM