Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Presidential Requirements

Presidential Requirements

Natural Born Citizens

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

You, who worry about Democrats versus Republicans

Relax, here is our real problem.

In a Purdue University classroom, they were discussing
the qualifications to be President of the United States ..

It was pretty simple.

The candidate must be a natural born citizen of at least
35 years of age.

However, one girl in the class immediately started in on
how unfair was the requirement to be a natural born citizen.

In short, her opinion was that this requirement prevented
many capable individuals from becoming president.

The class was taking it in and letting her rant, and not many
jaws hit the floor when she wrapped up her argument by
stating, "What makes a natural born citizen any more
qualified to lead this country than one born by C-section?"

Yep, these are the same kinds of 18-year-olds that are now
voting in our elections!

We need more help than we thought we did!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/4/2012 6:54 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
[...]

Are you just no catching on to this??? This has not been a great secret
for decades.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 16:54:40 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

[...]

Those young minds are the result of a liberal leaning educational
system. How could you expect a result other than that?

I don't know why you're complaining. They think a lot like you.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article om,

Lew Hodgett wrote:
...rest of funny story snipped...
The class was taking it in and letting her rant, and not many
jaws hit the floor when she wrapped up her argument by
stating, "What makes a natural born citizen any more
qualified to lead this country than one born by C-section?"

Yep, these are the same kinds of 18-year-olds that are now
voting in our elections!

Honestly, when I was 18 (let's just say it was over 40 years ago) I was
somewhat politically active what with Viet Nam, civil rights, etc,
but I knew plenty of other kids just as clueless as the girl in this
story. And look how the country has turned out in spite of them... Well,
wait a minute, maybe that's not so reassuring after all!

:wq

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry W wrote:
In article om,

Lew Hodgett wrote:
...rest of funny story snipped...
The class was taking it in and letting her rant, and not many
jaws hit the floor when she wrapped up her argument by
stating, "What makes a natural born citizen any more
qualified to lead this country than one born by C-section?"

Yep, these are the same kinds of 18-year-olds that are now
voting in our elections!

Honestly, when I was 18 (let's just say it was over 40 years ago) I
was somewhat politically active what with Viet Nam, civil rights, etc,
but I knew plenty of other kids just as clueless as the girl in this
story. And look how the country has turned out in spite of them...
Well, wait a minute, maybe that's not so reassuring after all!

Yup - lots of us have been there. I just can't help but wonder if this
story is even true. It smacks of the typical story that is just too
convenient for the story teller. I'm calling bull**** on this story.
--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 05 Sep 2012 23:22:44 -0400, Mike Marlow wrote:

Yup - lots of us have been there. I just can't help but wonder if this
story is even true. It smacks of the typical story that is just too
convenient for the story teller. I'm calling bull**** on this story.

You're right - it's been around for years, if not decades.

carrying a cross.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Presidential Requirements

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
[...]