Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
hrvoje

Default Presidential workshop

I think former Yugoslav president and dictator Josip Broz TITO was the
only world leader who like to relax and enjoy yourself in metalworking
homeshop.
He was a metalworker by vocation.

http://www.titoville.com/images/tito-in-struznica.jpg
http://www.titoville.com/images/tito-struznica2.jpg

Anybody know which lathe is in the second picture?

Regards,
Hrvoje

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee

On 14 May 2006 12:56:37 -0700, "hrvoje"
wrote:

I think former Yugoslav president and dictator Josip Broz TITO was the
only world leader who like to relax and enjoy yourself in metalworking
homeshop.
He was a metalworker by vocation.

http://www.titoville.com/images/tito-in-struznica.jpg
http://www.titoville.com/images/tito-struznica2.jpg

Anybody know which lathe is in the second picture?

Regards,
Hrvoje

Lula DeSilva [current president of Brasil] was a machinist before
getting into politics.

Unka George
(George McDuffee)

There is something to be said for government by a great aristocracy
which has furnished leaders to the nation in peace and war for generations;
even a democrat like myself must admit this.

But there is absolutely nothing to be said for government by a plutocracy,
for government by men very powerful in certain lines and gifted with the "money touch,"
but with ideals which in their essence are merely those of so many glorified pawnbrokers.

Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919), U.S. Republican (later Progressive) politician, president. Letter, 15 Nov. 1913.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

hrvoje wrote:
I think former Yugoslav president and dictator Josip Broz TITO was the
only world leader who like to relax and enjoy yourself in metalworking
homeshop.

Peter the Great was an amateur just about everything.
Courtiers with toothaches were wise to hide them.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

On 14 May 2006 12:56:37 -0700, hrvoje wrote:
I think former Yugoslav president and dictator Josip Broz TITO was the
only world leader who like to relax and enjoy yourself in metalworking
homeshop.
He was a metalworker by vocation.

Jimmy Carter is a better than average woodworker, from what I've seen.
Don't care for his politics, but at least he was honest.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

wrote:

I think former Yugoslav president and dictator Josip Broz TITO was the
only world leader who like to relax and enjoy yourself in metalworking
homeshop.
He was a metalworker by vocation.

http://www.titoville.com/images/tito-in-struznica.jpg
http://www.titoville.com/images/tito-struznica2.jpg

Anybody know which lathe is in the second picture?

Regards,
Hrvoje

Lula DeSilva [current president of Brasil] was a machinist before
getting into politics.

So was Unka Joe Stalin.

Unka George
(George McDuffee)

There is something to be said for government by a great aristocracy
which has furnished leaders to the nation in peace and war for generations;
even a democrat like myself must admit this.

But there is absolutely nothing to be said for government by a plutocracy,
for government by men very powerful in certain lines and gifted with the "money touch,"
but with ideals which in their essence are merely those of so many glorified pawnbrokers.

Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919), U.S. Republican (later Progressive) politician, president. Letter, 15 Nov. 1913.

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose
and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology
has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence,
and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years
.. It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints,
and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been
as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,