Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Need a part for delta jointer

I broke my lever on my delta jointer 37-195 Part # 1346765
It shows as obsolete and not carried by any of the online parts houses I
have checked with so far.

Do any of you have an old jointer you destroyed that has the lever?
I can't change the depth of cut now without pulling on the wire manually.

Its white pot metal, so welding it won't work. JB Weld probably won't
hold...

I could go to a machine shop and have them make me one out of AL...
probably 200 for a $5 part.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Cancel that, I found 1 left in the US.. a call to my local service net
and they were able to locate one... The only one he says he can find..
I called and the shipping is horrendous but I'll have it in 2 -3 days.
UPS soaks you these days.

On 7/9/2012 3:35 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
I broke my lever on my delta jointer 37-195 Part # 1346765
It shows as obsolete and not carried by any of the online parts houses I
have checked with so far.

Do any of you have an old jointer you destroyed that has the lever?
I can't change the depth of cut now without pulling on the wire manually.

Its white pot metal, so welding it won't work. JB Weld probably won't
hold...

I could go to a machine shop and have them make me one out of AL...
probably 200 for a $5 part.

Posted to rec.woodworking

That lever design is very similar to levers for brakes on bicycles....
some older 3 speed bikes? Maybe a similar size is available at a bike
shop. Or an old trottle lever for a 3 wheeler?
Posted to rec.woodworking

tiredofspam wrote:

I could go to a machine shop and have them make me one out of AL...
probably 200 for a $5 part.

Quite likely not near that if you can find a small machine shop near by.
You might be quite surprised at how cheap something like that can be. Well
worth the look...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/9/2012 3:10 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
Cancel that, I found 1 left in the US.. a call to my local service net
and they were able to locate one... The only one he says he can find..
I called and the shipping is horrendous but I'll have it in 2 -3 days.
UPS soaks you these days.

On 7/9/2012 3:35 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
I broke my lever on my delta jointer 37-195 Part # 1346765
It shows as obsolete and not carried by any of the online parts houses I
have checked with so far.

Do any of you have an old jointer you destroyed that has the lever?
I can't change the depth of cut now without pulling on the wire manually.

Its white pot metal, so welding it won't work. JB Weld probably won't
hold...

I could go to a machine shop and have them make me one out of AL...
probably 200 for a $5 part.

Have it shipped in one of those flat rate boxes and or one from the P.O.
I suspect you are paying for the 2~3 day service rather than the
normal 6~7.

Posted to rec.woodworking

They would not use USPS. Only UPS. I asked.
almost $11 for a 1-2 ounce piece of potted metal..

You would hope that they would use the flat rate it's way cheaper. Even
if you don't do flat rate, it's still way cheaper.

Have it shipped in one of those flat rate boxes and or one from the P.O.
I suspect you are paying for the 2~3 day service rather than the
normal 6~7.

Posted to rec.woodworking

There are, and I can't swear to any service,
that can do a "3-D" image and print of
almost anything.

3-D printing is coming of age and there are
a LOT of places that will make a heavy plastic,
or metal, component from that image.

Not sure what you're paying for everything, but
next time you need a part, you might want
to look around.

MJ
Posted to rec.woodworking

Right now the 3-d printing is only plastic from what I know of.
I don't think it would be strong enough.
But I don't know for sure.

On 7/9/2012 7:56 PM, MJ wrote:
There are, and I can't swear to any service,
that can do a "3-D" image and print of
almost anything.

3-D printing is coming of age and there are
a LOT of places that will make a heavy plastic,
or metal, component from that image.

Not sure what you're paying for everything, but
next time you need a part, you might want
to look around.

MJ

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to tiredofspam, Avery wrote:
I just bought a Jointer 37-196 with a broken Lever 1346765 and made a
replacement out of 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 1/8 aluminum angle I used all hand tools
and it took about 1 hour. The angle came from Home Depot. the hole for the
shoulder screw is an enlarged 5/16 and the cable clamp screw is 15/64. note
you do not need the slot for the cable because the aluminum angle will crack
it you try to bent it to make the little return, that is what happen with
mine. Here are some pictures that may help.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/ll
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/lm
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/ln
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/lo
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/lp
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/lq
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/lr

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hello Avery. I have the exact same problem. Delta sent me to a parts seller who wants to charge $33 plus $11 shipping USPS for a small casting! I'd like to follow your solution, unfortunately, an error message comes up anytime i try to view the pics / links you posted. Can you verify or repost? thank you very much@

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...er-544492-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

Renovo parts makes these levers and has multiple parts for Delta that are obsolete. https://www.renovoparts.com/ Mine broke last week and was able to order one from Renovo. Shipping is USPS Priorty Mail and parts ordered on Jan 1, 2021 were shipped on Jan 4th. They are expensive but still available.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...er-544492-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 4 Jan 2021 22:15:02 +0000, Delta fan
wrote:

Renovo parts makes these levers and has multiple parts for Delta that are obsolete. https://www.renovoparts.com/ Mine broke last week and was able to order one from Renovo. Shipping is USPS Priorty Mail and parts ordered on Jan 1, 2021 were shipped on Jan 4th. They are expensive but still available.

I don't know why you're a delta fan. I'm sorta worried that I have
the Delta tools I do because they _don't_ stock parts. There are
absolutely no parts around for my DT jig and I had to search a long
time to find the open-end arbor wrench for my Unisaur (I bought two).
I won't buy any more Delta tools.