Posted to rec.woodworking

Default panel saw kickback

10+ years ago I made a panel cutting sled with the fence on the leading
edge. I don't recall if that was inspired by New Yankee Norm, the table
saw book or what. I love that sled, as it's extremely accurate at
squaring large panels and has served me well over the years.
Last night I was cutting 3/4" ply shelves for a large (garage) cabinet.
Twice it kicked back the panel into my left thumb - OUCH!! Never did
that before. Scarred up the panels pretty good too.
Looks like I need to make a new sled with the fence on the trailing
edge. If I were more experienced at the time, I'd have probably known
better.

John S.

Saw Kickback [email protected] Home Repair 10 February 8th 09 01:46 AM
Saw Kickback Harry K Home Repair 0 February 7th 09 04:08 AM
Saw Kickback tom Home Repair 1 February 6th 09 11:13 PM
It got me. -Kickback Stoutman Woodworking 29 June 4th 07 08:40 PM
Kickback rich Woodworking 29 March 12th 06 11:00 PM