Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Saw Kickback

On Feb 6, 2:42*pm, wrote:
Fortunately I have not experienced circular saw kickback or chain
saw. *I have read about it and I am wondering how strong it is,
though. *I know the answer probably depends on the HP of the saw, the
material being cut, user posture and strength, etc. *Is the force
imparted so strong that a reasonably healthy guy would still be able
to hold onto the saw (with two hands) or does the saw simply go flying
out of your hands?

Thanks,
Tim

Chainsaw kickback: One _can_ stop one before the chain hits you but
only if you have a firm hold on the saw and are braced. I have had
several over the past 30 years and, so far, have not came close to
getting cut. I lay that down to luck though.

A kickback with a chainsaw is both VICIOUS and SUDDEN! You have no
time to react.

Bore cuts: Not bad if you understand the dynamics. The saw will kick
back if the top quadrant of the nose contacts something, therefore
start a bore cut with the bottom half of the nose, git it well into
the log and then rotate the saw straight while pushing. You won't get
a kickback after the nose is buried as it is held by uncut wood - you
will, however get a 'push back' if you let the top of the bar contact
uncut wood - that is controllable though.

Harry K

Saw Kickback Red Green Home Repair 0 February 7th 09 04:57 AM
Saw Kickback Tom Kendrick Home Repair 1 February 7th 09 03:26 AM
Saw Kickback tom Home Repair 1 February 7th 09 12:13 AM
It got me. -Kickback Stoutman Woodworking 29 June 4th 07 09:40 PM
Kickback rich Woodworking 29 March 13th 06 12:00 AM