Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Safety face shield.

I've been using a cheap-o HF full face shield for woodturning and I'm
looking to upgrade to something I can actually see through. I wear
prescription trifocals, so it needs to accommodate glasses. I think
I'd prefer to stick with a full face shield instead of goggles. A y
recommendations?

Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

Z3Driver wrote:
I've been using a cheap-o HF full face shield for woodturning and I'm
looking to upgrade to something I can actually see through. I wear
prescription trifocals, so it needs to accommodate glasses. I think
I'd prefer to stick with a full face shield instead of goggles. A y
recommendations?

I used to use more expensive face shields (I think they might have been
Johnson brand, but I'm not sure). I quit buying them and just started
buying the HF shields because they are just as good, and a lot cheaper. Any
brand of that kind of shield wears out, and you just have to replace the
shield - or in the case of the HF unit - the whole thing. I don't think
you'd be much happier with an upgraded shield.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/4/12 11:42 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Z3Driver wrote:
I've been using a cheap-o HF full face shield for woodturning and I'm
looking to upgrade to something I can actually see through. I wear
prescription trifocals, so it needs to accommodate glasses. I think
I'd prefer to stick with a full face shield instead of goggles. A y
recommendations?

I used to use more expensive face shields (I think they might have been
Johnson brand, but I'm not sure). I quit buying them and just started
buying the HF shields because they are just as good, and a lot cheaper. Any
brand of that kind of shield wears out, and you just have to replace the
shield - or in the case of the HF unit - the whole thing. I don't think
you'd be much happier with an upgraded shield.

I'm in that camp. I treat face shields like rubber gloves: disposable.
When they get too scratched up, they go in the recycling bin and I pick
up a new one at HF for less than the cost of a replacement shield insert
for the expensive models.

The will all get scratched up at some point. The HF ones seems to be
much lighter, too. I have a couple that get rotated between certain tool
stations and weed-eating.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Z3Driver" wrote:

I've been using a cheap-o HF full face shield for woodturning and
I'm
looking to upgrade to something I can actually see through. I wear
prescription trifocals, so it needs to accommodate glasses. I think
I'd prefer to stick with a full face shield instead of goggles. A y
recommendations?

Larry

----------------------------------
Grainger has several.

This is one.

http://tinyurl.com/82ssmgu

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 4, 1:06*pm, -MIKE- wrote:

I'm in that camp. I treat face shields like rubber gloves: disposable.
When they get too scratched up, they go in the recycling bin and I pick
up a new one at HF for less than the cost of a replacement shield insert
for the expensive models.

\

Me too. I am not a big HF fan but face shields and some expendables
are where HF fits into my hobby funding. Rubber gloves have a very
short life when I pull them out of the box and I don't expect a face
shield to last forever. It just needs to be sturdy enough to stop
that heavy chunk of Oak that flew out of my lathe a few years ago.
And the HF shield did just fine.

RonB

Best face shield? Paul Franklin[_2_] Woodworking 2 September 15th 09 06:08 AM
face shield Aaron Fude Home Repair 13 August 8th 09 11:55 PM
face shield Dan Williams Woodturning 24 December 17th 04 04:02 PM
recommendation for face shield william_b_noble Woodworking 0 July 9th 03 05:51 AM
recommendation for face shield David Wade Woodturning 1 July 8th 03 03:33 PM