David Wade

Default recommendation for face shield

Jon,

In terms of plain face shields I have used the Huntsman and Willson flat
wraparaound styles and prefer the Huntsman. The Willson shield seems to be
of softer plastic and has given me trouble when cleaning it. I also prefer
Huntsman's mounting method.

From another direction, I also have a 3M AS200 powered respirator that I
really like. It has a blower and HEPA filter built in. I consider it a real
lung saver, especially with spalted woods. It takes a little time to get
used to the size of the unit but I now use it for almost all dust-producing
processes in the shop.

David
--
http://www.wademade.net

Jon Endres, PE wrote:

Following closely on the heels of a recent thread about safety
equipment, I'm looking for a *good* face shield for use while turning
and operating machinery.

GrayFox

In article ,
David Wade wrote:

Jon,

In terms of plain face shields I have used the Huntsman and Willson flat
wraparaound styles and prefer the Huntsman. The Willson shield seems to be
of softer plastic and has given me trouble when cleaning it. I also prefer
Huntsman's mounting method.

From another direction, I also have a 3M AS200 powered respirator that I
really like. It has a blower and HEPA filter built in. I consider it a real
lung saver, especially with spalted woods. It takes a little time to get
used to the size of the unit but I now use it for almost all dust-producing
processes in the shop.

Harbor Freight sells one that is very functional and not very expensive.