Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Kudos to Incra

A couple of weeks ago I bought a V120 miter gauge from the local Rockler
store. I noticed the other day that the first tooth on the protractor
was broken. This is the tooth that maintains the 90 degree angle.
Rather than drive the 35 miles to Rockler, I called Incra and they are
sending me a replacement protractor. That's what I call good customer
service.

Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

Gramp's shop wrote:
A couple of weeks ago I bought a V120 miter gauge from the local
Rockler store. I noticed the other day that the first tooth on the
protractor was broken. This is the tooth that maintains the 90
degree angle. Rather than drive the 35 miles to Rockler, I called
Incra and they are sending me a replacement protractor. That's what
I call good customer service.

Larry

I know the feeling. I recently bought a gas grill for my church at Home
Depot. It was missing some parts so they knocked off a pretty decent sum.
I considered fabbing up some of what I needed, and looking for a salvage
igniter to fix that problem. Decided to call the manufacturer first, and
explained the deal to them. No sweat they said - and shipped me everything
that was missing, free of charge. I felt that was a pretty good deal.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/25/12 6:22 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Gramp's shop wrote:
A couple of weeks ago I bought a V120 miter gauge from the local
Rockler store. I noticed the other day that the first tooth on the
protractor was broken. This is the tooth that maintains the 90
degree angle. Rather than drive the 35 miles to Rockler, I called
Incra and they are sending me a replacement protractor. That's what
I call good customer service.

Larry

I know the feeling. I recently bought a gas grill for my church at Home
Depot. It was missing some parts so they knocked off a pretty decent sum.
I considered fabbing up some of what I needed, and looking for a salvage
igniter to fix that problem. Decided to call the manufacturer first, and
explained the deal to them. No sweat they said - and shipped me everything
that was missing, free of charge. I felt that was a pretty good deal.

I have you both beat. :-)

We ordered a set of shower doors for our bathroom remodel. These are the
twin glass doors hung on the aluminum track that sit on the edge of a
tub. I always get nervous when things this big and this fragile are
freighted straight to the home.

Everything was fine except for a plastic U-channel that edged the tops
and bottoms of the glass doors... it was shattered about 3 inches on one
end. The wife calls the company and the French speaking employee (Canuck
Co.) tries his best to decipher our description. About a week later a
package arrives containing the entire aluminum frame assembly. No
plastic U-channel.

Wife calls back and speaks to a native English speaking employee. He
knows right away what we're talking about but says the channel comes
installed on the glass panel from the glass manufacturer and they'll
have to send another glass door. I'm not making this up.

The employee said to just keep everything we have, because sending it
back would cost too much. So, now we'll be one glass panel short of an
entire new twin show door assembly. That plastic U-channel can't cost
the glass maker more than a buck.

BTW, I'm enjoying my new V120 miter gauge as well. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

Gramp's shop wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I bought a V120 miter gauge from the local Rockler
store. I noticed the other day that the first tooth on the protractor
was broken. This is the tooth that maintains the 90 degree angle.
Rather than drive the 35 miles to Rockler, I called Incra and they are
sending me a replacement protractor. That's what I call good customer
service.

Larry

Back to Incra:

I know what you mean. I bought a 1000 miter guage on E-Bay and saw that the
protractor was off somehow. If you got it set dead on 90 degrees the 22 1/2
setting was off. I called Incra, told them I had bought it on E-bay and was
expecting to hear, "Sorry, we only warrant original users." The best I
hoped for was, "What you need is a new protractor, they are $xx.xx"
Instead, what I heard was, "Well, you have your choice of any miter guage we
make, except the 3000, and I would highly recommend the 1000SE." I took his
advice and now have a warped 1000 and a dead on 1000SE.

That folks is customer service.

Deb
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/25/2012 11:40 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Everything was fine except for a plastic U-channel that edged the tops
and bottoms of the glass doors... it was shattered about 3 inches on one
end. The wife calls the company and the French speaking employee (Canuck
Co.) tries his best to decipher our description. About a week later a
package arrives containing the entire aluminum frame assembly. No
plastic U-channel.

The employee said to just keep everything we have, because sending it
back would cost too much. So, now we'll be one glass panel short of an
entire new twin show door assembly. That plastic U-channel can't cost
the glass maker more than a buck.

Unless there is a German in the woodpile, there is something about
speaking French that addles the brain when it comes to practical sense ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

O/T: Kudos to Olympus Lew Hodgett[_2_] Woodworking 7 July 26th 08 04:40 AM
Another Kudos to Lee Valley Cubby Home Repair 4 January 16th 08 11:25 PM
Kudos to Scott's jJim McLaughlin Home Repair 0 June 2nd 07 09:02 PM
Kudos to Grizzly todd Woodworking 17 March 16th 07 07:19 PM
Kudos to Amazon! Leuf Woodworking 3 March 13th 06 02:23 AM