Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Locker for door

Hi

Sorry I dont know what I am looking for in English.
It is for this cupboard, for my caravan (trailer in us)
http://hot.ee/sonnich/cupborad.jpg

The doors are locked with a magnetic part on top as cupboards can be.
But when driving they might slam open.
In older caravans I have seen simple and small "hasp"?

I have seen those, which you use for outdoor - a O-part and the other
part going into. As for caravans I have seen it with screws,where the
"lock" goes over the screw like this:
http://www.colourbox.dk/preview/1606...kkede-doer.jpg

But I am looking for a good looking one for this cupboard OR! maybe
there is a better idea?
The fram of the door is 13 mm (~half an inch)

Sonnich
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Sonnich Jensen" wrote in message
Hi

Sorry I dont know what I am looking for in English.
It is for this cupboard, for my caravan (trailer in us)
http://hot.ee/sonnich/cupborad.jpg

The doors are locked with a magnetic part on top as cupboards can be.
But when driving they might slam open.
In older caravans I have seen simple and small "hasp"?

I have seen those, which you use for outdoor - a O-part and the other
part going into. As for caravans I have seen it with screws,where the
"lock" goes over the screw like this:
http://www.colourbox.dk/preview/1606...kkede-doer.jpg

But I am looking for a good looking one for this cupboard OR! maybe
there is a better idea?
The fram of the door is 13 mm (~half an inch)

Sonnich

Those are called "hook and eye"s in the USA.
http://www.qualitydist.net/sthahoandeyl.html
The safety ones will stay closed even when vibrated by traveling.
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Sonnich Jensen" wrote in message
Hi

Sorry I dont know what I am looking for in English.
It is for this cupboard, for my caravan (trailer in us)
http://hot.ee/sonnich/cupborad.jpg

The doors are locked with a magnetic part on top as cupboards can be.
But when driving they might slam open.
In older caravans I have seen simple and small "hasp"?

I have seen those, which you use for outdoor - a O-part and the other
part going into. As for caravans I have seen it with screws,where the
"lock" goes over the screw like this:
http://www.colourbox.dk/preview/1606...kkede-doer.jpg

But I am looking for a good looking one for this cupboard OR! maybe
there is a better idea?
The fram of the door is 13 mm (~half an inch)

Sonnich

These might give a better appearance.

http://tinyurl.com/cmoeo5l

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking
Rex Rex is offline

Sonnich Jensen wrote:
Hi

Sorry I dont know what I am looking for in English.
It is for this cupboard, for my caravan (trailer in us)
http://hot.ee/sonnich/cupborad.jpg

The doors are locked with a magnetic part on top as cupboards can be.
But when driving they might slam open.
In older caravans I have seen simple and small "hasp"?

I have seen those, which you use for outdoor - a O-part and the other
part going into. As for caravans I have seen it with screws,where the
"lock" goes over the screw like this:
http://www.colourbox.dk/preview/1606...kkede-doer.jpg

But I am looking for a good looking one for this cupboard OR! maybe
there is a better idea?
The fram of the door is 13 mm (~half an inch)

Sonnich

I use these on some cabinet doors in my shop. You could install it at
the top or bottom of the door if it is too long for the frame at the
center.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...R&filter=brass hasp

--
Rex

'Bother,' said Pooh, as he saw the
mushroom cloud.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Or http://www.thehardwarehut.com/cabine...php?start_no=5
Or Push knob w/latch http://www.thehardwarehut.com/cabine...php?start_no=6

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

how about this.
Amerock BP9714 Functional 1-5/16" Roller Catch Pack
Here's a tinyurl http://tinyurl.com/7k8eysc

OR...
Hasp with hook.
http://tinyurl.com/7zb6qvn

On 4/6/2012 4:00 PM, Sonnich Jensen wrote:
Hi

Sorry I dont know what I am looking for in English.
It is for this cupboard, for my caravan (trailer in us)
http://hot.ee/sonnich/cupborad.jpg

The doors are locked with a magnetic part on top as cupboards can be.
But when driving they might slam open.
In older caravans I have seen simple and small "hasp"?

I have seen those, which you use for outdoor - a O-part and the other
part going into. As for caravans I have seen it with screws,where the
"lock" goes over the screw like this:
http://www.colourbox.dk/preview/1606...kkede-doer.jpg

But I am looking for a good looking one for this cupboard OR! maybe
there is a better idea?
The fram of the door is 13 mm (~half an inch)

Sonnich

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message

Or http://www.thehardwarehut.com/cabine...php?start_no=5
Or Push knob w/latch
http://www.thehardwarehut.com/cabine...php?start_no=6

Sonny

This is what I use in on the cabinets in my RV.

http://www.thehardwarehut.com/catalo...php?p_ref=4469

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonnich Jensen formulated the question :
Hi

Sorry I dont know what I am looking for in English.
It is for this cupboard, for my caravan (trailer in us)
http://hot.ee/sonnich/cupborad.jpg

The doors are locked with a magnetic part on top as cupboards can be.
But when driving they might slam open.
In older caravans I have seen simple and small "hasp"?

I have seen those, which you use for outdoor - a O-part and the other
part going into. As for caravans I have seen it with screws,where the
"lock" goes over the screw like this:
http://www.colourbox.dk/preview/1606...kkede-doer.jpg

But I am looking for a good looking one for this cupboard OR! maybe
there is a better idea?
The fram of the door is 13 mm (~half an inch)

Sonnich

I would try looking for "Child Proof" devices in the hardware store.
Home Depot etc in the US, Bunnings in Australia.
Don't know where you live so cannot suggest.

--
John G

Hurt Locker Michael A. Terrell Metalworking 0 June 2nd 10 09:44 PM
Hurt Locker john Metalworking 0 June 2nd 10 12:59 AM
Hurt Locker Wes[_5_] Metalworking 0 June 1st 10 10:02 PM
Hurt Locker Sunworshipper[_3_] Metalworking 0 June 1st 10 09:40 PM
maple foot locker Thom Woodworking Plans and Photos 5 May 13th 07 04:19 PM