Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default maple foot locker

Thom wrote:
Built this fjor my son out of hard maple.
First time that I had any real success with through dove tails.

The joints came out great. Beautiful piece!
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Built this fjor my son out of hard maple.
First time that I had any real success with through dove tails.

Attached Thumbnails
maple foot locker-dscf0007-jpg  maple foot locker-dscf0006-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Charlie M. 1958" wrote in message
Thom wrote:
Built this fjor my son out of hard maple.
First time that I had any real success with through dove tails.

The joints came out great. Beautiful piece!

Very nice!!
What kind of dovetail jig did you use?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I used the porter cable 12" model. Not sure of the model #.
Seems in the past I had to burn a bunch of wood to get depth right. This is
the first time I put some scrap in and it seemed ready to rock. Maybe
experience has something to do with it -- don't know --not even sure I care
since they are functionally what I wanted.

thanks.

Thom

m...

Thom wrote:
Built this fjor my son out of hard maple.
First time that I had any real success with through dove tails.

The joints came out great. Beautiful piece!

Very nice!!
What kind of dovetail jig did you use?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

From what I can tell you did a great job at it, congratulations. I
know that I fought over a year before I making them. Now, I try and
use it every chance that I get, because practice makes perfect :-)
Where did you get the locking latches at and how much were they?
Regards,
John