Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping - Bill in Indiana

Bill, sometime ago you were looking for a table saw. Did you possibly
have an interest in a jointer, also? Here's one near you.
http://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa...&myseller=2183

Might be worth going inspect it. 3 days left for bidding and no one
has bid on it, yet.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/9/2012 11:05 AM, Sonny wrote:
Bill, sometime ago you were looking for a table saw. Did you possibly
have an interest in a jointer, also? Here's one near you.
http://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa...&myseller=2183

Might be worth going inspect it. 3 days left for bidding and no one
has bid on it, yet.

Sonny

Thank you very much C-Sonny! I found out that it is 3-phase. This
rules it out for me, but perhaps someone else near Indianapolis is
interested. It looks like a "fun" project at a potentially bargain price!

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 09 Mar 2012 14:08:19 -0500, Bill
wrote:

On 3/9/2012 11:05 AM, Sonny wrote:
Bill, sometime ago you were looking for a table saw. Did you possibly
have an interest in a jointer, also? Here's one near you.
http://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa...&myseller=2183

Might be worth going inspect it. 3 days left for bidding and no one
has bid on it, yet.

Thank you very much C-Sonny! I found out that it is 3-phase. This
rules it out for me, but perhaps someone else near Indianapolis is
interested. It looks like a "fun" project at a potentially bargain price!

Bill, a phase converter can be built for well under $100 if you have
the spare parts, or a new one can be purchased for $160 from AmaGriz.
http://www.amazon.com/Grizzly-G5840-.../dp/B0000DD4LL

--
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened.
Posted to rec.woodworking

How about this, then: Lot #12 Grizzly Tablesaw -
http://irsauctions.com/index_lots.as...tails&id=15802

Though it's 3 phase, this is an investment kind of purchase, not an
off-the-shelf kind of purchase. 7 days to the end of the auction, so
the bidding is likely to go up. Despite 3 Ph, it might be worth
paying attention to if the bidding remains low. This saw is,
essentially, fully rigged. Additional costs may be for a single ph
motor and switch for single phase, if the motor is replaced, as
opposed to getting a converter. Also, just because it has a 12" blade
capacity, you wouldn't have to use a 12" blade. 10" works just fine.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

And there is obviously a Reserve on this saw, which hasn't been met,
yet. I would suspect the reserve may be about $100, possibly as much
as $200 (but I doubt this much). If the reserve would be a nearly
$200, then the starting bid would have been higher.

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

*Fully rigged: Even has a pencil sharpener on the extension table.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Kenefick wrote:
It's three phase and may not work, per the question at the bottom of the
page.

Yes, that info wasn't there before I phoned them and the actual owner of
the tool! : )

On 3/9/2012 11:05 AM, Sonny wrote:
Bill, sometime ago you were looking for a table saw. Did you possibly
have an interest in a jointer, also? Here's one near you.
http://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa...&myseller=2183

Might be worth going inspect it. 3 days left for bidding and no one
has bid on it, yet.

Sonny

(OT) Ping - Bill in Indiana Sonny Woodworking 1 December 29th 11 06:34 AM
Ping Bill, in Indiana; Anyone near Waverly, Ohio? Sonny Woodworking 57 June 30th 11 08:53 PM
Ping: Bill Steve[_43_] Woodworking 1 March 8th 10 04:19 AM
Ping Bill Gumbine Dave in Fairfax Woodturning 64 June 28th 05 04:18 PM