Posted to rec.woodworking

Default (OT) Ping - Bill in Indiana

Just a thought: Contact your local news media and show them this:
http://www.govliquidation.com/auctio...&convertTo=USD

Suggest someone try to lodge a campaigne to have the Fed Govt give
this fire engine to a rural community in need of one, rather than
auctioning it off. Can't hurt to try. Notifying your congressman,
and the like, might help the cause, also.

With a little advertising, maybe even the greater Indianapolis
metropolitan area can gather donations to acquire it and donate it to
a needy community. With enough donations, maybe it could be fully
rigged for service, also.

I suppose a community, in need, can bid on it, but why not just give
it to them. It's essentially already paid for.

*My rant, somewhat, about govt waste, though auctioning it off may not
be waste. I just don't consider this item typical surplus.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonny wrote:
[...]

Hi Sonny,

I appreciate the basis for your "rant". However, from my understanding,
it is illegal to give away community property here--it must be disposed
of by auctioning it off (for reasonable reasons). Here is a link to what
I regard as our largest and most proactive news center:

http://www.theindychannel.com/index.html

They would listen to your input.

I side with you and I would like to see the fire engine go to a good
home! There are a few other readers here in the vicinity of
Indianapolis, and maybe one of them knows of one. "Lodging a complaint
against S.O.P." sounds like a tough battle.

Regards,
Bill

Ping Bill, in Indiana; Anyone near Waverly, Ohio? Sonny Woodworking 57 June 30th 11 08:53 PM
PING: Bill Noble Buerste Metalworking 0 May 14th 10 07:28 AM
Ping: Bill Steve[_43_] Woodworking 1 March 8th 10 04:19 AM
PING: Bill Noble Prometheus Woodturning 7 April 5th 07 10:39 AM