DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ping - Bill in Indiana (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/337014-ping-bill-indiana.html)

Sonny March 9th 12 04:05 PM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

Bill, sometime ago you were looking for a table saw. Did you possibly
have an interest in a jointer, also? Here's one near you.
http://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa...&myseller=2183

Might be worth going inspect it. 3 days left for bidding and no one
has bid on it, yet.

Sonny

Bill[_31_] March 9th 12 07:08 PM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

On 3/9/2012 11:05 AM, Sonny wrote:
Bill, sometime ago you were looking for a table saw. Did you possibly
have an interest in a jointer, also? Here's one near you.
http://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa...&myseller=2183

Might be worth going inspect it. 3 days left for bidding and no one
has bid on it, yet.

Sonny

Thank you very much C-Sonny! I found out that it is 3-phase. This
rules it out for me, but perhaps someone else near Indianapolis is
interested. It looks like a "fun" project at a potentially bargain price!

Bill

Bill[_37_] March 10th 12 03:09 AM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

Kenefick wrote:
It's three phase and may not work, per the question at the bottom of the
page.

Yes, that info wasn't there before I phoned them and the actual owner of
the tool! : )

Larry Jaques[_4_] March 10th 12 04:10 AM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

On Fri, 09 Mar 2012 14:08:19 -0500, Bill
wrote:

On 3/9/2012 11:05 AM, Sonny wrote:
Bill, sometime ago you were looking for a table saw. Did you possibly
have an interest in a jointer, also? Here's one near you.
http://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa...&myseller=2183

Might be worth going inspect it. 3 days left for bidding and no one
has bid on it, yet.

Thank you very much C-Sonny! I found out that it is 3-phase. This
rules it out for me, but perhaps someone else near Indianapolis is
interested. It looks like a "fun" project at a potentially bargain price!

Bill, a phase converter can be built for well under $100 if you have
the spare parts, or a new one can be purchased for $160 from AmaGriz.
http://www.amazon.com/Grizzly-G5840-.../dp/B0000DD4LL

--
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened.

Sonny March 10th 12 11:54 AM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

How about this, then: Lot #12 Grizzly Tablesaw -
http://irsauctions.com/index_lots.as...tails&id=15802

Though it's 3 phase, this is an investment kind of purchase, not an
off-the-shelf kind of purchase. 7 days to the end of the auction, so
the bidding is likely to go up. Despite 3 Ph, it might be worth
paying attention to if the bidding remains low. This saw is,
essentially, fully rigged. Additional costs may be for a single ph
motor and switch for single phase, if the motor is replaced, as
opposed to getting a converter. Also, just because it has a 12" blade
capacity, you wouldn't have to use a 12" blade. 10" works just fine.

Sonny

Sonny March 10th 12 12:09 PM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

And there is obviously a Reserve on this saw, which hasn't been met,
yet. I would suspect the reserve may be about $100, possibly as much
as $200 (but I doubt this much). If the reserve would be a nearly
$200, then the starting bid would have been higher.

Sonny

Sonny March 10th 12 12:14 PM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

*Fully rigged: Even has a pencil sharpener on the extension table.

Bill[_37_] March 11th 12 03:33 AM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

Sonny wrote:
*Fully rigged: Even has a pencil sharpener on the extension table.

: )

That saw looks like a monster... 7.5 HP! For my purposes, an
unnecessarily powerful TS seems like more of a liability than an asset.
I definitely don't mind you pointing our these "bargains" however.
The same site has a more modest/suitable 3HP Delta for $700, but it's in
FL. This may be great news for a reader here in FL!

Sonny March 11th 12 02:36 PM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

That saw looks like a monster...

In a way, it is. That may be to your advantage, too, as Jim alludes
to. I don't want to push you, but evaluate the whole scenario. You
are, of course, your best judge. This kind of purchase would be an
investment. Treat it as so, and not as a spur of the moment
purchase. Do some research. You have a week to research it.

1) If this saw has potential for you and if convenient, go inspect
the saw. Get the serial number and call Grizzly to get info on that
particular saw. What replacement motors (5 hp?) can be used for the
saw?
2) The footprint is just a tad larger than a Unisaw.
3) It comes with a mobile base.
4) If the motor would be replaced, as opposed to getting a converter,
replace it with a 5 hp motor and use a 10" blade.
5) The top surface can double as a work bench, more so if an outfeed
(fold down?) table is installed.
6) For moderate or less use, it'll last for 20 years (same as with
that jointer). How often does a comparable saw become available, near
you, for less than $600? *The bidding may likely reach $600, so that
price may be beyond a hobbyist's reach, but stranger things have
happened with these auctions.
7) If the total investment is/would possibly be reasonable for your
means, it is certainly worth keeping an eye on for the next week....
same as with that jointer, maybe.
8) If you decide to bid, don't be an impulse bidder. Evaluate your
means, relative to what needs to be done to make the saw a single
phase unit.... do some pricing research, and bid only what you can
comfortably afford.
9) If you like the saw and think you can reasonably make the
modifications, bid only what you can afford. If you loose the
bidding, nothing is lost. There is no penalty for not winning the
bid.

I recall your initial mentioning you wanting a table saw. I sensed
your excitement about getting one... reminded me of when I purchased
my first Unisaw (used condition), for $800. I had second guessed
myself for quite a while, after that purchase, even though I had
researched my options for 6 months prior. Just don't be an impulse
buyer, nor allow me to convince you to bid or buy.... with all of the
above info. This saw looked like it may be potential for you, so I
posted it.

That auction site has sales all over the country. Just have to check,
periodically, to see when one is near you with a potential candidate
for purchase... same as with that jointer auction site. It's part and
party to doing the "research" as to what's available.

Sonny

Bill[_37_] March 11th 12 07:19 PM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

Sonny wrote:
[...]

Yes, I'm still looking. I look on craigslist all the time. I'm still in
the "workshop preparation" phase though so i'm not desperate yet.
I had not been looking for a "big project" in a TS, but things change.
My shop is wired for 55W capacity (60 Amp CB'er)--that was a "big
project" : )

Grizzly-0690 TS runs 20A and is $1475, including shipping. Lights are
up to about 6 amps (eleven T8 fixtures) Dust collection and perhaps
ambient dust collection = XX amps, heater = XX amps? It's may be nice
to leave some capacity on the table for whatever the future holds!

A nice 10-20 year old Delta Unisaw would probably suit me fine (est.
$750-$1200). A new one can be had for about $2518 from Amazon, after
rebate, including shipping. That is tempting, but may not make that much
sense (for a hobbiest). SWMBO, who bought new cars on credit before she
married me, says "Get whichever one you want." ...lol!

Bill

Mike Marlow[_2_] March 11th 12 07:40 PM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

Bill wrote:

Yes, I'm still looking. I look on craigslist all the time. I'm still
in the "workshop preparation" phase though so i'm not desperate yet.
I had not been looking for a "big project" in a TS, but things change.
My shop is wired for 55W capacity (60 Amp CB'er)--that was a "big
project" : )

I'm sure that's a typo above. But even then Bill - you are over analyzing
this stuff.

Grizzly-0690 TS runs 20A and is $1475, including shipping. Lights are
up to about 6 amps (eleven T8 fixtures) Dust collection and perhaps
ambient dust collection = XX amps, heater = XX amps? It's may be nice
to leave some capacity on the table for whatever the future holds!

Or perhaps, or perhaps, or perhaps. Just do it Bill! You'll spend all of
your life examining things that just don't matter and then you'll miss out
on all the fun of just getting to work with this stuff. Half the people
here have what you do for a service, or less - and they're making sawdust.
You can do it too.

A nice 10-20 year old Delta Unisaw would probably suit me fine (est.
$750-$1200). A new one can be had for about $2518 from Amazon, after
rebate, including shipping. That is tempting, but may not make that
much sense (for a hobbiest). SWMBO, who bought new cars on credit
before she married me, says "Get whichever one you want." ...lol!

If that saw would serve you nicely, then Sonny's suggestion could equally
serve you nicely - if that's a saw that you actually like. Frankly - you
could find an old Craftsman Model 10 for around $100 that would offer you a
great woodworking experience, and provide for your needs for a longggggggg
time. Just tune it up, plug it in, and use it. Ooops - there's that use it
thing again...

--

-Mike-

Bill[_37_] March 11th 12 08:31 PM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

Yes, I'm still looking. I look on craigslist all the time. I'm still
in the "workshop preparation" phase though so i'm not desperate yet.
I had not been looking for a "big project" in a TS, but things change.
My shop is wired for 55W capacity (60 Amp CB'er)--that was a "big
project" : )

I'm sure that's a typo above.

Oops. Yes, 55 Amps.

But even then Bill - you are over analyzing
this stuff.

I didn't start this thread. I'm doing okay. I was just sharing my thoughts.

I've got no shortage of wood-related stuff keeping me busy. I've even
volunteered my effort to help maintain a web site for a local non-profit
woodcarving organization. They are assisting me with my sharpening
technique and other interesting stuff! : )

snip

If that saw would serve you nicely, then Sonny's suggestion could equally
serve you nicely - if that's a saw that you actually like. Frankly - you
could find an old Craftsman Model 10 for around $100 that would offer you a
great woodworking experience, and provide for your needs for a longggggggg
time. Just tune it up, plug it in, and use it. Ooops - there's that use it
thing again...

Yes, I've thought of that. Based upon my experiences thus far, I harbor
no great love of running a table saw. I thought a cabinet saw would
provide me the best experience.

Please don't confuse my long posts with lack of learning. This week I
learned a lot about miter saws--and I didn't post one question about
them here--yet! : ) I did narrow it down to a DeWalt 716, if I was
buying one today. Now that I know a little, I can perhaps make more of
the time I spend at auctions and pawn shops...I haven't visited one of
those in a while.

Cheers,
Bill

Mike Marlow[_2_] March 12th 12 02:01 AM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

Bill wrote:

Yes, I've thought of that. Based upon my experiences thus far, I
harbor no great love of running a table saw. I thought a cabinet saw
would
provide me the best experience.

It would - if you're going to be doing certain things, but don't sell a
table saw short. Many of us use them, have build extensions for them, etc.,
and have turned out fine cabinetry with them. They have their drawbacks,
but everything does.

Please don't confuse my long posts with lack of learning.

Would never suggest such a thing Bill.

This week I
learned a lot about miter saws--and I didn't post one question about
them here--yet! : ) I did narrow it down to a DeWalt 716, if I was
buying one today. Now that I know a little, I can perhaps make more
of the time I spend at auctions and pawn shops...I haven't visited one of
those in a while.

Well - there's nothing wrong with setting one's mind on a particular tool.
Sometimes it's kinda like finding that perfect woman.

I own the one I do because I bought a group of tools off of a guy that had
to sell. I really only wanted the drill press, but I bought a table saw, a
compound miter, the drill press and a band saw for $300. Turned around and
sold the table saw, kept the drill press and the compound miter, and gave
the bandsaw to my son. The compound miter does it's job, but it's not one I
would have gone out and bought if I were looking for one.

--

-Mike-

Bill[_37_] March 12th 12 03:23 AM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

Mike Marlow wrote:

Well - there's nothing wrong with setting one's mind on a particular tool.
Sometimes it's kinda like finding that perfect woman.

I own the one I do because I bought a group of tools off of a guy that had
to sell. I really only wanted the drill press, but I bought a table saw, a
compound miter, the drill press and a band saw for $300. Turned around and
sold the table saw, kept the drill press and the compound miter, and gave
the bandsaw to my son. The compound miter does it's job, but it's not one I
would have gone out and bought if I were looking for one.

Yes, I got my BS and DP sort of by being in the right place at the right
time too. The original plan was to get a TS first, after the
"remodeling" was done. Hopefully, the remodeling will be done by June or
so. I'm not really ready for a TS yet as everything is more or less
stacked in the middle of the garage, I mean shop,--but I'll make room
for a TS if something comes my way! I already bought a paint roller
with a long handle! ; )

Jack March 25th 12 05:21 PM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

On 3/11/2012 3:19 PM, Bill wrote:

A nice 10-20 year old Delta Unisaw would probably suit me fine (est.
$750-$1200). A new one can be had for about $2518 from Amazon, after
rebate, including shipping. That is tempting, but may not make that much
sense (for a hobbiest).

If money is not an issue go for it, but, you certainly don't need to
spend anything near that much for a tsaw. I grew up with a 1956 Delta
Unisaw (my dads, and it is still running fine) When I got married I
built a basement shop, and got a 1954 or so used Delta contractors saw.
I could have gone to my moms and traded the contractors saw for the
Unisaw, but decided not too do that, the contractors saw I actually
liked better, for a number of reasons. Both have advantages, and the
Unisaw was/is a better saw, but for 99% of all Tsaw use, the contractors
saw was fine. On the other hand, I would not buy a cheap ass Tsaw, like
a Sears. If I couldn't afford high quality, I would look for high
quality used. You don't need a ton of power either, but no universal
motors, you need at minimum a real 1 HP motor. 7 1/2 hp is plain stupid
for what you are going to do. 3 HP is almost more than you need. Between
1 and 3 if fine.

If you only have a 60 amp service, you probably want to stay with a
small 110 because of lack of breaker space, 220 takes two circuits. I
ran my shop for years on one 20 amp 110 circuit. The only tools that
you normally run at the same time as other tools are an air compressor
and dust collection. They should have their own circuit.

Personally, If I could get a high quality used commercial saw for $700
and replace the 3 phase with a 2-3 HP 220 motor, I'd do it.

You need a minimum of a drill press, you got one I think, a Tsaw, and a
Band Saw before you have anything I'd consider a "wood shop". So keep
that in mind when budgeting for tools.

SWMBO, who bought new cars on credit before she
married me, says "Get whichever one you want." ...lol!

My wife's the same way. Money is there to spend. I have no reason to
ask her if I should buy a tool, her answer is always the same, go for
it. Me, I have to think about it until forever, of course I have a hard
time finding something I "need" My tools have tools now:-)

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Bill[_37_] March 25th 12 09:45 PM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

Jack wrote:
On 3/11/2012 3:19 PM, Bill wrote:

A nice 10-20 year old Delta Unisaw would probably suit me fine (est.
$750-$1200). A new one can be had for about $2518 from Amazon, after
rebate, including shipping. That is tempting, but may not make that much
sense (for a hobbiest).

If money is not an issue go for it, but, you certainly don't need to
spend anything near that much for a tsaw. I grew up with a 1956 Delta
Unisaw (my dads, and it is still running fine) When I got married I
built a basement shop, and got a 1954 or so used Delta contractors saw.

Saw prices have climbed , especially in the last 2 or 3 years. Even the
saw presently near the top of my list (Grizzly-0690) has went up at
least 25%.

I could have gone to my moms and traded the contractors saw for the
Unisaw, but decided not too do that, the contractors saw I actually
liked better, for a number of reasons. Both have advantages, and the
Unisaw was/is a better saw, but for 99% of all Tsaw use, the contractors
saw was fine. On the other hand, I would not buy a cheap ass Tsaw, like
a Sears. If I couldn't afford high quality, I would look for high
quality used.

Yes, but it's "Location, location, location!", especially when you have
to rent a truck with a liftgate-which compels you to pay (retail)
mileage both ways. I browse craigslist, and local auction houses,
frequently.

You don't need a ton of power either, but no universal
motors, you need at minimum a real 1 HP motor. 7 1/2 hp is plain stupid
for what you are going to do. 3 HP is almost more than you need. Between
1 and 3 if fine.

If you only have a 60 amp service, you probably want to stay with a
small 110 because of lack of breaker space, 220 takes two circuits.

Yes, I installed a 60 Amp service for my shop off of the 200 Amp service
for the house. And I already pulled 10-2 for a TS, so I am determined to
use it (220v)! : ) In fact, I pulled alot more wire than that, and I
am increasingly glad I did!

ran my shop for years on one 20 amp 110 circuit. The only tools that you
normally run at the same time as other tools are an air compressor and
dust collection. They should have their own circuit.

Personally, If I could get a high quality used commercial saw for $700
and replace the 3 phase with a 2-3 HP 220 motor, I'd do it.

You need a minimum of a drill press, you got one I think, a Tsaw, and a
Band Saw before you have anything I'd consider a "wood shop". So keep
that in mind when budgeting for tools.

I've got the DP and BS (I got excellent prices on them). Yes, when I
remembers good blade (s), dado-set, possible miter-guage, etc., it helps
keep my TS budget in check. As you suggest, an older saw would suit me
fine. Thank you for your guidance.

Bill

Sonny March 26th 12 02:23 AM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

Here's another auction in Indy. I can't tell what brand tablesaw is
pictured. There's a Powermatic jointer and some other tools, also.
Might be worth checking out.

Heimel Happenings -On Site Tool Auction! March 31st:
http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/au...earchKeywords=

If that link doesn't work, for some reason, try this:
http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/ph...p=46 201&kwd=

Sonny March 26th 12 02:31 AM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

April 7th. Pictures may be forthcoming, so check the site later in
the week.

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/au...1&categor y=0

Bill[_37_] March 26th 12 03:43 AM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

Sonny wrote:
Here's another auction in Indy. I can't tell what brand tablesaw is
pictured. There's a Powermatic jointer and some other tools, also.
Might be worth checking out.

Heimel Happenings -On Site Tool Auction! March 31st:
http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/au...earchKeywords=

If that link doesn't work, for some reason, try this:
http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/ph...p=46 201&kwd=

Thanks CSonny, I'll keep my eyes open.

That looks like an 8" jointer. Or is it a 6"?
Looks like it might be in a basement too, with no mobile base! : )

Cheers,
Bill

Jack March 26th 12 03:17 PM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

On 3/25/2012 10:43 PM, Bill wrote:

If that link doesn't work, for some reason, try this:
http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/ph...p=46 201&kwd=

Thanks CSonny, I'll keep my eyes open.

That looks like an 8" jointer. Or is it a 6"?
Looks like it might be in a basement too, with no mobile base! : )

I would try like hell to buy a segmented spiral cutter head for any
jointer or planer. Also, if you ever plan on getting a planer, try for
at least an 8 inch jointer.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Bill[_31_] March 26th 12 04:31 PM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

On 3/26/2012 10:17 AM, Jack wrote:
On 3/25/2012 10:43 PM, Bill wrote:

If that link doesn't work, for some reason, try this:
http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/ph...p=46 201&kwd=

Thanks CSonny, I'll keep my eyes open.

That looks like an 8" jointer. Or is it a 6"?
Looks like it might be in a basement too, with no mobile base! : )

I would try like hell to buy a segmented spiral cutter head for any
jointer or planer. Also, if you ever plan on getting a planer, try for
at least an 8 inch jointer.

I picked up a "standard" Delta 12.5", 2-blade planer at auction. It
works fine too on the soft wood I've tested it on, but it's certainly at
the "low-end" of the planer spectrum. I will keep you suggestion in
mind. Is the reason because "cutter maintenance" is less frequent?

Bill

Jack March 26th 12 11:04 PM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

On 3/26/2012 11:31 AM, Bill wrote:
On 3/26/2012 10:17 AM, Jack wrote:

I would try like hell to buy a segmented spiral cutter head for any
jointer or planer. Also, if you ever plan on getting a planer, try for
at least an 8 inch jointer.

I picked up a "standard" Delta 12.5", 2-blade planer at auction. It
works fine too on the soft wood I've tested it on, but it's certainly at
the "low-end" of the planer spectrum. I will keep you suggestion in
mind. Is the reason because "cutter maintenance" is less frequent?

Frequency is probably more based on whether you have carbide blades or
not, but you can rotate the cutters 4 times. Replacement is simple as
there is virtually no adjustment needed. That's not why though, the why
is they really cut smooth, quiet and use less power. Chips are small
and uniform so dust collection is simple, even with a small hose.
Knots are meaningless to them, as is grain direction.

There is no comparison. My 15" planer cuts better and quieter with a
14" hunk of gnarly hardwood than my 6" jointer with a 4" piece of
softwood.

I thought all you had was a drill press on a mobile base?

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Bill[_37_] March 26th 12 11:48 PM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

Jack wrote:
[...]

I didn't realize there was so much difference. Maybe part of me didn't
really want to believe there was. I believe it now. Still, I'm surprised
to note that DeWalt 3-blade planer is about $399 (almost twice the
retail price of the Delta 12.5" planer). Maybe that helped me think a
planer with blades wasn't so marginal. As you suggested, planing hard
wood is more likely to reveal the difference.

I thought all you had was a drill press on a mobile base?

Well, I haven't been counting things I can lift by myself. I hate to
point fingers, but some of the kind folks have helped cultivate me into
something of a tool junkie! lol. Besides for my "antiques", I have a DP
and BS, and am starting to work my way into the heavy stuff now (TS and
jointer)--especially with 220v! ; )

Bill

Bill[_37_] March 28th 12 11:27 PM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

Sonny wrote:

If that link doesn't work, for some reason, try this:
http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/ph...p=46 201&kwd=

My homework makes me guess that's a Powermatic Model 60 8" jointer.
1970-80's, about 500 pounds?

I take it new cutterblades grow on trees? Practically glides up stairs
by itself? : )

What would you guess it would go for? That the auction is being
advertised as "Woodworking Tools" and is on a Saturday morning is not
going to help the price. If the auctioneers will move it to the top of
the stairs, if necessary, that will increase my interest! I'm already
growing sort of fond of it! ; )

Bill

Bill[_37_] March 28th 12 11:42 PM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

Bill wrote:
Sonny wrote:

If that link doesn't work, for some reason, try this:
http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/ph...p=46 201&kwd=

Does anyone recognize that TS sitting to the left of it? Maybe I could
get two birds with one stone here?

Bill[_37_] March 28th 12 11:45 PM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

Bill wrote:
Bill wrote:
Sonny wrote:

If that link doesn't work, for some reason, try this:
http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/ph...p=46 201&kwd=

Does anyone recognize that TS sitting to the left of it? Maybe I could
get two birds with one stone here?

Probably a 1.5HP Delta (contractor's saw)?

Larry Jaques[_4_] March 29th 12 02:08 AM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 18:45:15 -0400, Bill wrote:

Bill wrote:
Bill wrote:
Sonny wrote:

If that link doesn't work, for some reason, try this:
http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/ph...p=46 201&kwd=

Does anyone recognize that TS sitting to the left of it? Maybe I could
get two birds with one stone here?

Probably a 1.5HP Delta (contractor's saw)?

If you're OK with that 1.5hp power, buy Dina from me! I'll be ready
to sell her when the plunge saw gets here, hopefully Friday. She's a
januwine Hollywood saur, Bill. Davis and Wells, ca 1920, if my
recollector recollects correctly. $200, FOB Grants Pass, OR.

I still have a portable 10" TS.

--
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the
government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

Bill[_37_] March 29th 12 02:34 AM

Ping - Bill in Indiana

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 18:45:15 -0400, wrote:

Bill wrote:
Bill wrote:
Sonny wrote:

If that link doesn't work, for some reason, try this:
http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/ph...p=46 201&kwd=

Does anyone recognize that TS sitting to the left of it? Maybe I could
get two birds with one stone here?

Probably a 1.5HP Delta (contractor's saw)?

If you're OK with that 1.5hp power, buy Dina from me! I'll be ready
to sell her when the plunge saw gets here, hopefully Friday. She's a
januwine Hollywood saur, Bill. Davis and Wells, ca 1920, if my
recollector recollects correctly. $200, FOB Grants Pass, OR.

Sounds like a good saur with a lot of memories behind her. Let her
retire where the weather suits your clothes... If she was just passin'
though town, I might see it different! : )

I still have a portable 10" TS.