Jerry McCaffrey

Default Test

Test
Dave Hinz

On 22 Jul 2004 23:16:20 GMT, Jerry McCaffrey wrote:
Test

Failed. Missed alt.test or any of the other test newsgroups by
rather a lot.

Why not post a real message, and treat it as a test, if for some
reason you feel the need to ignore the test newsgroups?

David F. Eisan

Test

Tickle.

Noons

David F. Eisan apparently said,on my timestamp of 23/07/2004 9:03 PM:

Test

Tickle.

LOL!

Jerry McCaffrey

So I posted a question about pricing and usefulness of an old Sears &
Roebuck Lathe. I needed some feedback quick before I met with the guy the
next morning. When the message didn't post in a reasonable time I sent a
test which also didn't post quickly (my rinky dink ISP). So I got more
one helpful message I actually received on the lathe. Lathe turned out to be
a cheap tubular piece of crap after I researched all possible Sears lathes
on "Old Woodworking Machinery", but I bought a dust collector (3hp 220V 2
bag system) and am picking up a panel saw on Monday.

As primarily a lurker and low volume poster, I have to start to wonder why I
wade through all the crap & BS on this group. The signal to noise ratio is
poor & getting worse and that's without BAD.

Jerry

Dave Hinz

On 23 Jul 2004 23:27:12 GMT, Jerry McCaffrey wrote:
So I posted a question about pricing and usefulness of an old Sears &
Roebuck Lathe. I needed some feedback quick before I met with the guy the
next morning. When the message didn't post in a reasonable time I sent a
test which also didn't post quickly (my rinky dink ISP). So I got more
one helpful message I actually received on the lathe.

You don't find it useful to know that there's a whole series of
groups such as alt.test, which will auto-respond to your posts to let
you know they worked?

Henry E Schaffer

In article ,
Jerry McCaffrey wrote:
So I posted a question about pricing and usefulness of an old Sears &
Roebuck Lathe. I needed some feedback quick before I met with the guy the
next morning. When the message didn't post in a reasonable time I sent a
test which also didn't post quickly (my rinky dink ISP). So I got more

If you had reposted the question about the Lathe - with a note at the
top that it was a repost because you haven't seen your post appear, then
you wouldn't have gotten all this static. Sometimes posts get lost or
delayed and the re-post appears before the original. In such cases the
re-post would actually be useful to you in getting feedback.

--henry schaffer
hes _AT_ ncsu _DOT_ edu

Central Heating Pressure Test wullie UK diy 4 March 26th 04 09:03 PM
Ferrolio Optima 901 relief valve test knob Ted UK diy 3 January 8th 04 03:12 AM
test for Jimbo dale Metalworking 3 November 13th 03 05:52 PM
Possible Condensation Solution? - Test Data Tom Watson Woodworking 4 November 7th 03 08:51 PM
RCCB not tripping when test button pushed James W UK diy 9 September 27th 03 12:14 AM