Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Slab of Wood for $20,000 Anybody?

http://talaricohardwoods.com/images/...Butt/1441.html
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 23:14:50 -0500, Dave wrote:

http://talaricohardwoods.com/images/...Butt/1441.html

$20,00.25!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/9/2012 11:07 PM, Zz Yzx wrote:
On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 23:14:50 -0500, wrote:

http://talaricohardwoods.com/images/...Butt/1441.html

$20,00.25!

what the hell kind of number is that?

--
Steve Barker
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/9/2012 11:14 PM, Dave wrote:
http://talaricohardwoods.com/images/...Butt/1441.html

Measure twice, cut once indeed.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 9, 11:14*pm, Dave wrote:
http://talaricohardwoods.com/images/...Butt/1441.html

I can see those numbers in the right application.

One of those would make a nice $ 75,000+ board room table.
Well within reason.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/10/12 11:13 AM, Robatoy wrote:
On Feb 9, 11:14 pm, wrote:
http://talaricohardwoods.com/images/...Butt/1441.html

I can see those numbers in the right application.

One of those would make a nice $ 75,000+ board room table.
Well within reason.

or one hell of a dart board. ;-)

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/10/2012 10:33 AM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 2/9/2012 11:07 PM, Zz Yzx wrote:
On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 23:14:50 -0500, wrote:

http://talaricohardwoods.com/images/...Butt/1441.html

$20,00.25!

what the hell kind of number is that?

Clearly it's a measure of currency. Probably the new, upgraded, cost of
Festool's belt sander! : )
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 9, 11:14 pm, *wrote:
http://talaricohardwoods.com/images/...Butt/1441.html

I can see those numbers in the right application.

One of those would make a nice $ 75,000+ board room table.
Well within reason.

or one hell of a dart board. ;-)

--
Froz...

Drag it out when company comes to cut some cheese....
Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave writes:
http://talaricohardwoods.com/images/...Butt/1441.html

About USD125 per Board Foot. Not completely unreasonable. In the
same range as brazillian rosewood.

Claro Walnut slabs are available he http://bakerhardwoods.com/

scott
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/10/2012 10:25 AM, Bill wrote:
On 2/10/2012 10:33 AM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 2/9/2012 11:07 PM, Zz Yzx wrote:
On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 23:14:50 -0500, wrote:

http://talaricohardwoods.com/images/...Butt/1441.html

$20,00.25!

what the hell kind of number is that?

Clearly it's a measure of currency. Probably the new, upgraded, cost of
Festool's belt sander! : )

i hear that! but i'm not sure how to even pronounce that number.

--
Steve Barker

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 10, 10:59*am, Steve Barker wrote:
On 2/10/2012 10:25 AM, Bill wrote:

On 2/10/2012 10:33 AM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 2/9/2012 11:07 PM, Zz Yzx wrote:
On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 23:14:50 -0500, wrote:

http://talaricohardwoods.com/images/...Butt/1441.html

$20,00.25!

what the hell kind of number is that?

Clearly it's a measure of currency. Probably the new, upgraded, cost of
Festool's belt sander! : )

i hear that! *but i'm not sure how to even pronounce that number.

--
Steve Barker

Twenty hundred dollars and twenty five cents, plus tip.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/10/12 11:39 AM, Robatoy wrote:

On Feb 9, 11:14 pm, wrote:
http://talaricohardwoods.com/images/...Butt/1441.html

I can see those numbers in the right application.

One of those would make a nice $ 75,000+ board room table.
Well within reason.

or one hell of a dart board. ;-)

Drag it out when company comes to cut some cheese....

If people come over to cut the cheese, i try and get rid of them pretty
fast.

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/10/2012 10:39 AM, Robatoy wrote:

On Feb 9, 11:14 pm, wrote:
http://talaricohardwoods.com/images/...Butt/1441.html

I can see those numbers in the right application.

One of those would make a nice $ 75,000+ board room table.
Well within reason.

or one hell of a dart board. ;-)

--
Froz...

Drag it out when company comes to cut some cheese....

you know these two suggestions were meant as jokes, but they're really
no more ridiculous than spending $125 a board foot for wood OR $75000
for a table. At least as a dart board or cheese cutting board, the wood
would be getting put to some good use. Unlike a boardroom table.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/10/2012 11:05 AM, Sonny wrote:

$20,00.25!

Twenty hundred dollars and twenty five cents, plus tip.

$200,0.25 ... -pronouncing that will get you an even bigger tip.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

I'm wondering if the best thing to do with these flinches is to
cut them up as veneers? I am looking at wild grain on these
and no boardroom table I've ever seen has natural edges.

The problem is where do you go and get the veneer's cut? That requires a lot of skill and a huge resaw.

MJ

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 10, 12:22*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 2/10/2012 11:05 AM, Sonny wrote:

$20,00.25!

Twenty hundred dollars and twenty five cents, plus tip.

$200,0.25 ... -pronouncing that will get you an even bigger tip.

--www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)http://gplus.to/eWoodShop

In honour of the rapper 50cents, a Halifax, Nova Scotia rapper has
called himself "buck,six-fifty" ( I have NO idea how to put that in
numbers...)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 9, 8:14*pm, Dave wrote:
http://talaricohardwoods.com/images/...Butt/1441.html

Man that will take a lot of cutting to fit it all in the fireplace
Posted to rec.woodworking

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
On Feb 9, 8:14 pm, Dave wrote:
http://talaricohardwoods.com/images/...Butt/1441.html

Man that will take a lot of cutting to fit it all in the fireplace

Speaking of fireplaces, can you see taking some of that slab wood and making
some nice fireplace furniture? I am not sure how you would do it. It would
probably have to be a rustic or primitive style, nothing fancy. But that
grain and a nice finish job, everybody would be looking at the wood and not
at the fire.

That would be an awkward size to work with. Not many garage shops could
handle a project like that . Either budget wise or size wise.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 02/10/2012 12:03 PM, MJ wrote:
I'm wondering if the best thing to do with these flinches is to
cut them up as veneers? I am looking at wild grain on these
and no boardroom table I've ever seen has natural edges.

The problem is where do you go and get the veneer's cut? That requires a lot of skill and a huge resaw.

I'd be surprised if that wood wasn't unstable as hell. Looks like it
would have stress and shrinkage cracks all over the place. While on the
one hand it seems like a shame to cut up such a large slab of gorgeous
wood, what could you possibly construct from it that would a value would
exceeding the price of the wood? Other than creating some esoteric
piece of art that would be "valuable" only to an elite few with too much
money on their hands, it seems like cutting it up into veneers or
smaller sections would be a better way to "stretch" the value and beauty
of the wood.

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Feb 10, 12:22 pm, Swingman wrote:
On 2/10/2012 11:05 AM, Sonny wrote:

$20,00.25!

Twenty hundred dollars and twenty five cents, plus tip.

$200,0.25 ... -pronouncing that will get you an even bigger tip.

--www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)http://gplus.to/eWoodShop

In honour of the rapper 50cents, a Halifax, Nova Scotia rapper has
called himself "buck,six-fifty" ( I have NO idea how to put that in
numbers...)

-----------------------------
As the old saying goes - What's old is new again.
My grandfather was fond of saying "a buck two ninety eight".
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 10:39:19 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

On Feb 10, 12:22*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 2/10/2012 11:05 AM, Sonny wrote:

$20,00.25!
Twenty hundred dollars and twenty five cents, plus tip.

$200,0.25 ... -pronouncing that will get you an even bigger tip.

--www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)http://gplus.to/eWoodShop

In honour of the rapper 50cents, a Halifax, Nova Scotia rapper has
called himself "buck,six-fifty" ( I have NO idea how to put that in
numbers...)

I've always told folks that such and such would cost them

a buck three fifty two.

--
Energy and persistence alter all things.
--Benjamin Franklin
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 10, 9:42*am, Greg Guarino wrote:
On 2/9/2012 11:14 PM, Dave wrote:

http://talaricohardwoods.com/images/...Butt/1441.html

Measure twice, cut once indeed.

Cut hell - I'd be afraid to touch it!
Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave wrote:
http://talaricohardwoods.com/images/...Butt/1441.html

At that minimal thicknes, you'd have to make a FLAT-SIDED lampshade. Not
enough to turn one on a lathe.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 08:13:50 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
One of those would make a nice $ 75,000+ board room table.
Well within reason.

Well, I can see it disappearing very quickly if the business ever got
burgled. Only problem is that you need a big hand truck to get it out
the door.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 11:22:49 -0600, Swingman wrote:
$200,0.25 ... -pronouncing that will get you an even bigger tip.

Probably just a clandestine attempt to buy a slab for 1/10 the asking
price.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/10/2012 11:22 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 2/10/2012 11:05 AM, Sonny wrote:

$20,00.25!

Twenty hundred dollars and twenty five cents, plus tip.

$200,0.25 ... -pronouncing that will get you an even bigger tip.

i'm starting to get it. This one would be

two hundred tens dollars and twenty five cents ((plus tip (i think))

--
Steve Barker
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/10/2012 4:07 PM, Artemus wrote:

In honour of the rapper 50cents, a Halifax, Nova Scotia rapper has
called himself "buck,six-fifty" ( I have NO idea how to put that in
numbers...)

-----------------------------
As the old saying goes - What's old is new again.
My grandfather was fond of saying "a buck two ninety eight".
Art

It was always "a buck two eighty" around here...

I guess it depends on the neighborhood...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/14/12 10:36 AM, Jack wrote:
On 2/10/2012 4:07 PM, Artemus wrote:

In honour of the rapper 50cents, a Halifax, Nova Scotia rapper has
called himself "buck,six-fifty" ( I have NO idea how to put that in
numbers...)

-----------------------------
As the old saying goes - What's old is new again.
My grandfather was fond of saying "a buck two ninety eight".
Art

It was always "a buck two eighty" around here...

I guess it depends on the neighborhood...

Does that translate into $3.80?
If so, I love that. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/14/2012 11:57 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/14/12 10:36 AM, Jack wrote:
On 2/10/2012 4:07 PM, Artemus wrote:

In honour of the rapper 50cents, a Halifax, Nova Scotia rapper has
called himself "buck,six-fifty" ( I have NO idea how to put that in
numbers...)

As the old saying goes - What's old is new again.
My grandfather was fond of saying "a buck two ninety eight".
Art

It was always "a buck two eighty" around here...

I guess it depends on the neighborhood...

Does that translate into $3.80?
If so, I love that. :-)

I think it translated into "I have no f***ing idea how much it cost, and
why are you asking me anyway".

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Cardboard? under wood sills on concrete slab J. Clarke Woodworking 9 May 18th 08 04:30 PM
wood parque/glued over concrete slab Wherwulf Home Repair 2 September 12th 07 10:22 PM
Routing a wood slab peter Woodworking 13 June 22nd 05 08:47 AM
Wood Floor over Concrete Slab [email protected] Home Repair 6 April 29th 05 05:49 PM
wood floor on uneven slab Robert Sefton Home Repair 1 July 20th 03 03:45 PM