J. Clarke

Default Dewalt 18v batteries 2/$99 at Home Depot

Just happened to notice today. Was going to go down to Coastal and pick up
a couple this afternoon, but surprise surprise the Borg is cheaper.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN ²ºº4

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Just happened to notice today. Was going to go down to Coastal and pick

up
a couple this afternoon, but surprise surprise the Borg is cheaper.

Are they the XR+ NiCads ??? or regular XR ???

--
© Jon Down ®
"You cannot make someone love you.

J. Clarke

P©WÉ®T©©LMAN ²ºº4 wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Just happened to notice today. Was going to go down to Coastal and pick

up
a couple this afternoon, but surprise surprise the Borg is cheaper.

Are they the XR+ NiCads ??? or regular XR ???

The model number is 9096, they're marked "XRP". Same set that Coastal is
charging $109 for.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN ²ºº4

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN ²ºº4 wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Just happened to notice today. Was going to go down to Coastal and

pick
up
a couple this afternoon, but surprise surprise the Borg is cheaper.

Are they the XR+ NiCads ??? or regular XR ???

The model number is 9096, they're marked "XRP". Same set that Coastal is
charging $109 for.

--John

That is indeed a good deal then, the XRP or plus (+) are DeWalts
best.......so far.

--
© Jon Down ®
"You cannot make someone love you.
All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in."

ROBMURR

I get Batteries Plus to rebuild my Dewalt
12 volt packs for my cordless drill with better batteries for about $34..
Locally they are about $46 new.
The originals lasted for about 7 years.

J. Clarke

ROBMURR wrote:

I get Batteries Plus to rebuild my Dewalt
12 volt packs for my cordless drill with better batteries for about $34..
Locally they are about $46 new.
The originals lasted for about 7 years.

Any idea what they get for 18v XR+ or XRP? They don't have the prices for
those on their Web site. And what was the turnaround? If it's reasonable
then I might get a couple of mine rebuilt. I thought about Primecell,
which charges about the same as you mention for 12v, but they 67 bucks for
an 18v 2600AH, which is the closest they come to the capacity of XRPs.
Given the choice between that and new for 50 off-the-shelf I'll take the
new ones.