Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bostitch 18 gauge brad nailer

I am having trouble with the nailer. It wont sink brads unless I
boost the pressure to 110psi and take off the plastic tip. I oiled it
2 days ago and have not used it for more than a few tests since
then.

Anybody out there had similar problems and solved them?

Len
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 14, 3:38*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 12/14/2011 4:08 PM, wrote:

I am having trouble with the nailer. *It wont sink brads unless I
boost the pressure to 110psi and take off the plastic tip. *I oiled it
2 days ago *and have not used it for more than a few tests since
then.

Anybody out there had similar problems and solved them?

?? Is it an old one?

None of my Bostich nailers, including the 18 ga brad nailer, use oil.

--www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)http://gplus.to/eWoodShop

Amen bruddah. No oil in Bostich. I have it written in sharpee on mine.
Maybe it is gummed up from using oil.

By the way I don't think my 18ga Bostich has ever jammed up or
misfired ever. I love that yellow *******.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 14:08:01 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

I am having trouble with the nailer. It wont sink brads unless I
boost the pressure to 110psi and take off the plastic tip. I oiled it
2 days ago and have not used it for more than a few tests since
then.

Anybody out there had similar problems and solved them?

Make sure it's not an oil-less gun.

Rather than rebuild it, swing by HF and pick up a new one for $15 on
sale. Or splurge and go for the stapler/nailer at $20 on sale.

-- Sir Winston Churchill
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 14, 3:38 pm, wrote:
On 12/14/2011 4:08 PM, wrote:

I am having trouble with the nailer. It wont sink brads unless I
boost the pressure to 110psi and take off the plastic tip. I oiled it
2 days ago and have not used it for more than a few tests since
then.

Anybody out there had similar problems and solved them?

?? Is it an old one?

None of my Bostich nailers, including the 18 ga brad nailer, use oil.

--www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)http://gplus.to/eWoodShop

Amen bruddah. No oil in Bostich. I have it written in sharpee on mine.
Maybe it is gummed up from using oil.

By the way I don't think my 18ga Bostich has ever jammed up or
misfired ever. I love that yellow *******.

Which model do you have? I have three 18 ga brad nailers; a Delta that
does double duty as a helluva crown staple nailer, as well as brads, and
has not misfired once in six years; a HF $14 special which won't die,
misfires occasionally, but is easy to clear; and my goto Bostitch
BT1855, which has never misfired, but I hear is hell to clear if it ever
jams.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 14, 5:04*pm, Swingman wrote:

On Dec 14, 3:38 pm, *wrote:
On 12/14/2011 4:08 PM, wrote:

[...]

KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)http://gplus.to/eWoodShop- Hide quoted text -

Yeah 1855. I heard the same thing, it requires an allen wrench job to
unjam but never has jammed.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 14, 8:35*pm, Gerald Ross wrote:
wrote:
I am having trouble with the nailer. *It wont sink brads unless I
boost the pressure to 110psi and take off the plastic tip. *I oiled it
2 days ago *and have not used it for more than a few tests since
then.

Anybody out there had similar problems and solved them?

Len

My Bostitch 16 GA and brad nailer (old) have had to have the trigger
module replaced. It is simple to replace. But I believe they just quit
working altogether when it went.

--
Gerald Ross

A man is not complete until he is
married, and then he's finished.

Problem solved (I think). I took the front end apart, cleaned it,
oiled it( yes- it is an oiler)
reassembled it and tested it. It seems to be OK now???

Thanks all