Posted to rec.woodworking

Default EZ-Fasten 21 Gauge pin & Brad Nailer

Does anyone have any experience and/or opinions on this tool? I have
been looking at a Grex 23 gauge pin nailer, but saw this EZ-Fasten
advertised at $80 at Woodcraft. I realize you usually get what you pay
for, so that is why I'm asking for advice. This would just be for
weekend woodworking.

TIA

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Jackson

No experience with either gun, but a suggestion. I recently bought a Senco
micro pinner (23 ga). It would seem that the 23 ga pins are more commonly
had than 21 ga pins, so my choice in your position would be the Grex. I
love the little Senco BTW, it came with a little 1/2hp 1 gal compressor,
nice for small jobs. One thing I *really* like about the small pins- they
work real well for tacking a pattern to a board before going over with the
flush trimmer. No more hot melt glue, tape, etc. Just pin and go. The
holes are hard to see, the pattern pulls off easily, and the pins are pulled
easily with pliars. One thing that suprised me on the little Senco though,
it has no safety like my other nail guns. You pull the trigger, it shoots a
pin! --dave

wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anyone have any experience and/or opinions on this tool? I have
been looking at a Grex 23 gauge pin nailer, but saw this EZ-Fasten
advertised at $80 at Woodcraft. I realize you usually get what you pay
for, so that is why I'm asking for advice. This would just be for
weekend woodworking.

TIA

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article . net,
"Dave Jackson" wrote:

One thing that suprised me on the little Senco though,
it has no safety like my other nail guns. You pull the trigger, it shoots a
pin!

I have an upholstery stapler like that. Relatively new too. Off-shore
brand is Superior. Nicely made. Works well. But no safety either.
Mind you, there really isn't enough mass in a staple to tear a limb off
a man, but maybe scratch a cornea? And if you shoot a staple in your
hand, after doing that, you'd stop at one, right?
Posted to rec.woodworking
JGS

I have the Cadex 23-35 which is the Grex under a different name and it is
great. It is like using a surgical tool verse a sledge hammer. I like it so
much that I am thinking of becoming a local distributor of them. Cheers, JG