Posted to rec.woodworking

Default My NEW Towers Project

A few weeks ago I was finally got caught up enough to start building
a country style pantry for our new home. I wanted to match the color of
the kitchen cabinets, espresso, and add in a natural white oak color.

The two cabinets stand just over 96" tall and once completed will be
about 96" wide. There sill be two upper and lower banks of small 6x6
drawers that will fit in between each cabinet. 24, 6x6 drawers + the
four larger drawers that go will go in the big cabinets.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...tream/lightbox

/http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/6313281470/in/photostream/lightbox/
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
A few weeks ago I was finally got caught up enough to start building a
country style pantry for our new home. I wanted to match the color of the
kitchen cabinets, espresso, and add in a natural white oak color.

The two cabinets stand just over 96" tall and once completed will be about
96" wide. There sill be two upper and lower banks of small 6x6 drawers
that will fit in between each cabinet. 24, 6x6 drawers + the four larger
drawers that go will go in the big cabinets.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...tream/lightbox

/http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/6313281470/in/photostream/lightbox/

Looks good. Interesting color combo.

Does the missus have enough stuff to fill the pantry up when you have it al
built?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nice! I really like contrasting woods. What wood did you use to
ebonize and what was your treatment?

RP
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/4/2011 4:20 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
A few weeks ago I was finally got caught up enough to start building a
country style pantry for our new home. I wanted to match the color of
the kitchen cabinets, espresso, and add in a natural white oak color.

The two cabinets stand just over 96" tall and once completed will be
about 96" wide. There sill be two upper and lower banks of small 6x6
drawers that will fit in between each cabinet. 24, 6x6 drawers + the
four larger drawers that go will go in the big cabinets.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...tream/lightbox

/http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/6313281470/in/photostream/lightbox/

Looks good. Interesting color combo.

Thank you

Does the missus have enough stuff to fill the pantry up when you have it
al built?

We moved from a smaller house to a bigger one but a bigger kitchen into
a smaller one, storage wise. She can fill it. ;~(
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/4/2011 4:20 PM, RP wrote:
Nice! I really like contrasting woods. What wood did you use to
ebonize and what was your treatment?

RP

Actually that is a Dark Brown Dye Stain by General Finishes. All of the
wood is white oak.

Thank you

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 15:59:50 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

A few weeks ago I was finally got caught up enough to start building
a country style pantry for our new home. I wanted to match the color of
the kitchen cabinets, espresso, and add in a natural white oak color.

The two cabinets stand just over 96" tall and once completed will be
about 96" wide. There sill be two upper and lower banks of small 6x6
drawers that will fit in between each cabinet. 24, 6x6 drawers + the
four larger drawers that go will go in the big cabinets.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...tream/lightbox

/http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/6313281470/in/photostream/lightbox/

I now grok your comment about Minwhacked. Condolences. :/

(Note that I'm not fond of wildly contrasting wood colors like that.
They probably look better in person. "Espresso" looks almost black in
the pics.)

--
The unexamined life is not worth living.
--Socrates
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

A few weeks ago I was finally got caught up enough to start building
a country style pantry for our new home. I wanted to match the color of
the kitchen cabinets, espresso, and add in a natural white oak color.

The two cabinets stand just over 96" tall and once completed will be
about 96" wide. There sill be two upper and lower banks of small 6x6
drawers that will fit in between each cabinet. 24, 6x6 drawers + the
four larger drawers that go will go in the big cabinets.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...tream/lightbox

/http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/6313281470/in/photostream/lightbox/

I now grok your comment about Minwhacked. Condolences. :/

(Note that I'm not fond of wildly contrasting wood colors like that.
They probably look better in person. "Espresso" looks almost black in
the pics.)

For a long time we thought we picked black, when the light hits it just
right it is brown, dark brown, very dark brown.

--
The unexamined life is not worth living.
--Socrates

The Towers bedroom project, Completed! Leon[_6_] Woodworking 68 March 23rd 10 01:48 PM
The Bedroom Project, Towers, Bed Leon[_6_] Woodworking Plans and Photos 25 December 15th 09 07:25 PM
Moving day for the towers Leon[_6_] Woodworking Plans and Photos 16 October 17th 09 07:48 PM
Alton Towers Graham.[_3_] UK diy 1 April 18th 09 07:49 PM
scaffold towers best ones gort UK diy 4 August 6th 06 01:36 PM