Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Moving day for the towers

Whew....!

Attached Thumbnails
Moving day for the towers-dsc00797-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Leon wrote:
Whew....!

No doubt you planned it that way! g

--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
In a recent poll, seven out of ten hard drives preferred Linux.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 18:34:11 -0500, Leon wrote:

Whew....!

Good thing you didn't have to cut the opening higher.
Don't see how you could have planned it closer.

Paul T.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Leon" wrote in
:

Whew....!

Well planned and measured!!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Han wrote:
"Leon" wrote in
:

Whew....!

Well planned and measured!!

No problem ... he has an "as-built" SketchUp model of his house, and one
of the towers, so he knew that 1/16" clearance was all he needed.

besides, he's had lots of practice getting 42" island cabinets through
'three oh eight' doors

Good job, Leon!! ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
Whew....!

Good thing you didn't paint it. The layers of paint might have made a
difference.

---
www.garagewoodworks.com

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
Whew....!

Geez guys, I tilted the towers over to a 45 when wheeling them in from the
garage on the 2 wheeler. They certainly would not have cleared the
threshold. LOL.

Y'all give way too much credit.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
Han wrote:
"Leon" wrote in
:

Whew....!

Well planned and measured!!

No problem ... he has an "as-built" SketchUp model of his house, and one
of the towers, so he knew that 1/16" clearance was all he needed.

Yeah! .... that's ,,, that's right!

besides, he's had lots of practice getting 42" island cabinets through
'three oh eight' doors

We have had lots of practice. LOL. I kinda missed not falling through a
hole in the floor when sliding the towers through the door though. ;~)

Good job, Leon!! ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Out-West wrote:
On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 18:34:11 -0500, Leon wrote:

Whew....!

Good thing you didn't have to cut the opening higher.
Don't see how you could have planned it closer.

Or PLANED it any closerg

Reminds me of a remodeling job I did here at home. Special ordered a 5
lite Andersen casement "window wall" to fit where the garage door used
to be in our new family room. Rough opening ~ 12' wide and ~ 68" high.

Unit delivered by millwork company already assembled so we just slip it
in, right?

There we were with all my help from the office and the truck crew and we
set that sucker in place and damned if I didn't have to turn around and
bump it into place with my butt. I was sure glad that the humidity was
relatively low that day.g
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Leon wrote:

Whew....!

Good thing the humidity was low eh? :-)

Rob Leatham

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Is that like building a boat in the garage?
I have been there with cabinet moving and installing......
whew.
john
"Leon" wrote in message
Whew....!

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"jloomis" wrote in message
Is that like building a boat in the garage?
I have been there with cabinet moving and installing......
whew.
john
"Leon" wrote in message
Whew....!

Yeah, I think so. LOL.

Which reminds me of a very good friend telling me about what I like to refer
to as Chapter 498 of his yet to be written book. He called me to
specifically tell me how his day went, he is a great storry teller. He was
building a rather long fence and had literally fenced his truck in. He had
to take a section down becaure his escape route was too muddy. Getting his
truck stuck was another story all in itself.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Swingman wrote in
:

Han wrote:
"Leon" wrote in
:

Whew....!

Well planned and measured!!

No problem ... he has an "as-built" SketchUp model of his house, and
one of the towers, so he knew that 1/16" clearance was all he needed.

besides, he's had lots of practice getting 42" island cabinets
through 'three oh eight' doors

Good job, Leon!! ...

Wow! Does SketchUp have a relative humidity function, where it
calculates the expansion and contraction of the various pieces to make
sure it will fit?

A humid garage and dry house might mean Leon had to wait until 8:27 this
evening to get the clearance needed to move the towers in.

;-)

Puckdropper
rec.woodworking

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Puckdropper wrote:

Wow! Does SketchUp have a relative humidity function, where it
calculates the expansion and contraction of the various pieces to make
sure it will fit?

Well, in a roundabout way, you can. Simply give your model a GPS
location on Google Earth and go from there with various, easily
available, climate/RH tables.

It will also cast the correct shadow according to the month, day, time,
and the GPS location ... for real!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message
Swingman wrote in
:

Han wrote:
"Leon" wrote in
:

Whew....!

Well planned and measured!!

No problem ... he has an "as-built" SketchUp model of his house, and
one of the towers, so he knew that 1/16" clearance was all he needed.

besides, he's had lots of practice getting 42" island cabinets
through 'three oh eight' doors

Good job, Leon!! ...

Wow! Does SketchUp have a relative humidity function, where it
calculates the expansion and contraction of the various pieces to make
sure it will fit?

There's an "app" for that. ;~) used with the shadow tool LOL.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
Whew....!
Reminds me of the floor to ceiling kitchen cabinet I built for our new
house in 1970. Made to exact measurements. Forgot that diagonal was
longer than vertical. Could not stand it up. Toe kick was removable so
after removing it and setting up cabinet and raising it up I could slide
toe kick in place.I learned that lesson. WW

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"WW" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message
Whew....!
Reminds me of the floor to ceiling kitchen cabinet I built for our new
house in 1970. Made to exact measurements. Forgot that diagonal was
longer than vertical. Could not stand it up. Toe kick was removable so
after removing it and setting up cabinet and raising it up I could slide
toe kick in place.I learned that lesson. WW

;~) Almost be there, done that. Fortunately I caught that in the planning
stages.

Alton Towers Sacha[_2_] UK diy 0 April 20th 09 11:30 PM
Alton Towers Graham.[_3_] UK diy 1 April 18th 09 07:49 PM
Long Distance Moving Companies Full Moving Services Now You Know Home Repair 0 September 23rd 08 03:10 PM
Moving Services World Moving & Storage Moving Companies World Marketing Home Repair 0 June 28th 08 08:50 AM
scaffold towers best ones gort UK diy 4 August 6th 06 01:36 PM