Posted to rec.woodworking

Default portable planers

My delta 22-560 planer has lost it's belt.delta has it on backorder (two to
three months). I was able to get a belt that was close in size but could get
it to fit. does anyone have a recommendation for a new planer?while price is
not a problem I would rather go with a portable type rather than a
stationary (due to room constraints). looking on amazon the reviews are all
over the place on the dewalt form it sucks to it's great. any thoughts?

Lennn

Posted to rec.woodworking

" wrote:

My delta 22-560 planer has lost it's belt.delta has it on backorder
(two to three months). I was able to get a belt that was close in
size but could get it to fit. does anyone have a recommendation for
a new planer?while price is not a problem I would rather go with a
portable type rather than a stationary (due to room constraints).
looking on amazon the reviews are all over the place on the dewalt
form it sucks to it's great. any thoughts?

I had a DeWalt for several years.

Rode it hard, put it away wet.

It never complained and just kept working.

Needed customer service once or twice for tech service issues.

They were Johnny on the spot, quickly and accurately answering my
questions.

If I needed to buy a bench top planer today, DeWalt would be first
choice.

Have fun.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 28, 12:53*am, "
wrote:
My delta 22-560 planer has lost it's belt.delta has it on backorder (two to
three months). I was able to get a belt that was close in size but could get
it to fit. does anyone have a recommendation for a new planer?while price is
not a problem I would rather go with a portable type rather than a
stationary (due to room constraints). looking on amazon the reviews are all
over the place on the dewalt form it sucks to it's great. any thoughts?

Lennn

dw734 - runs great, does its job. (dw735 for heavies duty)

shelly
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 28, 12:53*am, "
wrote:
My delta 22-560 planer has lost it's belt.delta has it on backorder (two to
three months). I was able to get a belt that was close in size but could get
it to fit. does anyone have a recommendation for a new planer?while price is
not a problem I would rather go with a portable type rather than a
stationary (due to room constraints). looking on amazon the reviews are all
over the place on the dewalt form it sucks to it's great. any thoughts?

Lennn

I might have the belt you need at my shop. I had to peel one apart for
a friend and he had loaned it out and someone had burned up the
windings. Would you just as soon have a belt instead of a new planer?

RP

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 00:53:00 -0400, "
wrote:

My delta 22-560 planer has lost it's belt.delta has it on backorder (two to
three months). I was able to get a belt that was close in size but could get
it to fit. does anyone have a recommendation for a new planer?while price is
not a problem I would rather go with a portable type rather than a
stationary (due to room constraints). looking on amazon the reviews are all
over the place on the dewalt form it sucks to it's great. any thoughts?

Lennn

The True Value Hardware site listed below shows 3 belts in stock for
$22.76 each.

Dwos 22-560 Drive Belt
SKU: 219-22-563

Model No 22-563
UPC 695542256350
Dwos 22-560 Drive Belt

This Item Normally Ships in 3-5 Business Days
DELTA MACHINERY

Quantity On Hand: 3

PRICE: $22.76

http://www.idealtruevalue.com/servlet/the-36316/Detail
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/28/2011 12:53 AM, wrote:
My delta 22-560 planer has lost it's belt.delta has it on backorder (two
to three months). I was able to get a belt that was close in size but
could get it to fit.

I figure delta never made belts, so someone makes them. When I was a
kid, a tractor we had some expensive belts on it and there was a local
gates suppler and they had the exact belt at half the price as the
tractor dealer. That was long before the internet, but Gates still
sells belts, I know zip about them but here's a link:

http://www.gates.com/brochure.cfm?br...ocation_id=559

does anyone have a recommendation for a new
planer?while price is not a problem I would rather go with a portable
type rather than a stationary (due to room constraints). looking on
amazon the reviews are all over the place on the dewalt form it sucks to
it's great. any thoughts?

If price is not a problem, make sure you get a planer with a spiral,
segmented cutter head. Same with a jointer. Only way to go. Even if
price is a problem, still the only way to go, if you ask me.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Planers SteveA[_2_] Woodworking 0 September 15th 08 02:17 AM
Portable planers: How noisy? Student[_2_] Woodworking 7 June 3rd 08 11:14 AM
material removal gauge for portable planers eganders Woodworking 10 September 4th 06 06:23 AM
Planers John Cartmell UK diy 9 January 31st 06 11:39 PM
Question about portable electric planers Alan Witt Woodworking 6 May 5th 04 10:07 PM