Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Miter gauge WTB

My Delta miter gauge works fine on a t-track, but the track on my Rocker
router table is a stardard 3/4 without accommodations for the tees.
Looking for an inexpensive miter gauge. I've drooler a bit over the
Incra and Kreg, but can't see investing $80 to $180. Anybody have an
extra they want to get rid of?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/11/2011 4:45 PM, Z3Driver wrote:
My Delta miter gauge works fine on a t-track, but the track on my Rocker
router table is a stardard 3/4 without accommodations for the tees.
Looking for an inexpensive miter gauge. I've drooler a bit over the
Incra and Kreg, but can't see investing $80 to $180. Anybody have an
extra they want to get rid of?

Do I understand that you want a miter gauge to fit your router table?
If that is correct,,, Think about it, do you really need one?

30+ years of serious wood working and I have never needed a miter gauge
for the router table. Use a piece of plywood about 10" square as your
miter gauge. Push it and with your work in front of it along the fence.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Z3Driver" wrote:

My Delta miter gauge works fine on a t-track, but the track on my
Rocker router table is a stardard 3/4 without accommodations for the
tees. Looking for an inexpensive miter gauge. I've drooler a bit
over the Incra and Kreg, but can't see investing $80 to $180.
Anybody have an extra they want to get rid of?

---------------------------------------
Since it will be dedicated to your router table, why not make one with
maple runner and birch ply?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 11, 5:45*pm, Z3Driver wrote:
My Delta miter gauge works fine on a t-track, but the track on my Rocker
router table is a stardard 3/4 without accommodations for the tees.
Looking for an inexpensive miter gauge. *I've drooler a bit over the
Incra and Kreg, but can't see investing $80 to $180. *Anybody have an
extra they want to get rid of?

I would say along the same lines as Leon and Lew, but if you are
making doors I like a coping sled for the crosscuts on the rails.
Here's one you can copy or buy. I made mine out of 3/4"birch ply with
a DeStayco clamp (hope that's spelled right) and a replaceable backer.
Pretty basic but real accurate. I have better luck for this operation
holding it against the fence VS miter gauge slot. YMMV

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...r=coping%20jig

Hope the link works.

RP
Posted to rec.woodworking

Yep, same I made a coping sled too.
I also agree with Leon, I don't really need it.
Just reference to the fence.
I use replaceable offcuts as my square if I need to.