Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Fox W1707 Problem

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a new Shop Fox W1707 and had it shipped to
me.

Now to my problem. I put a 3/16" blade on the saw and made a rather complex
cut with tight turns, a cut I have made many times on my old Delta 14 inch
saw. The blade would not track correctly on the bottom tire and eventually
came off towards the front of the saw. I pulled out the manual and started
making the adjustments called for in the manual including making the
Coplanarity Gauge. All that has happened, no matter which adjustment I make,
is that the problem gets worse. I have not been able make any adjustment that
improves the situation.

What suggestions can anyone give me? I am willing to try anything at this
point as I am dead in the water. I cannot get the bottom wheel to track even
with only hand turning. It always immediately drifts to the front of the wheel
and comes off. Before I started following the manual it at least would track
enough to cut - for a time.

Any assistance welcome.

TIA

Doug
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/17/2011 3:42 PM, Amateur wrote:

[...]

A band saw is one of those tools that does not save you time or money if
you don't buy quality. Can it be returned? Have you contacted The
manufacturer? May I suggest Laguna?