Posted to rec.woodworking
Gerald Ross

Default T8 Shop light problem

One of my T12 96" fixtures ballast died. I Replaced it with a T8 96"
electronic ballast and reconfigured the wiring per the diagram. Put in
T8 bulbs and they lit but are dimmer in the center 1/3 than on the ends.
Any ideas why this should be?

Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

He ended the job as he began it; fired
with enthusiasm.

"

Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
One of my T12 96" fixtures ballast died. I Replaced it with a T8 96"
electronic ballast and reconfigured the wiring per the diagram. Put in T8
bulbs and they lit but are dimmer in the center 1/3 than on the ends. Any
ideas why this should be?

Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

He ended the job as he began it; fired
with enthusiasm.

Either a defective ballast or incorrect voltage taps were used or just a
loose wire nut.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Posted to rec.woodworking
Lyndell Thompson

Make sure the solid state ballast is grounded well. At least one screw (or
wire) from the ballast to the metal fixture. Check the MA (milliamp) rating.
If for example the new T8 ballast is for 800ma bulbs, and the bulbs are
actually 1500ma, it can cause this type of problem.
Good luck & let us know what you find!
Lyndell

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
One of my T12 96" fixtures ballast died. I Replaced it with a T8 96"
electronic ballast and reconfigured the wiring per the diagram. Put in T8
bulbs and they lit but are dimmer in the center 1/3 than on the ends. Any
ideas why this should be?

Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

He ended the job as he began it; fired
with enthusiasm.

"

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Posted to rec.woodworking

Gerald Ross wrote:
I Replaced it with a T8 96"
electronic ballast and reconfigured the wiring per the diagram. Put in
T8 bulbs and they lit but are dimmer in the center 1/3 than on the ends.

How long have they been in service? Certain ballasts and tube
combinations seem to require a beak-in period.

Personally, I like 48" T8's. They have been the most reliable set up I
could find. They fire up in cold weather, are brighter in the cold,
last longer than T12s, work with only one tube in a 2 tube fixture,
ballasts last longer and failure is *by far*, less catastrophic. No
leaking goop or exploding cases.

Tom in KY, a licensed master electrician for many stressful years.

ceiling light problem, Help please. {AGUT}ODIN Home Repair 1 November 9th 05 10:26 PM
More shop light madness Joe Wells Woodworking 20 July 27th 05 04:43 PM
O-T light bulb Fuddzy Woodworking 2 January 15th 04 04:43 PM
Light Bulb Stormin Mormonn Home Repair 19 December 10th 03 03:28 AM
Problem with replacing a bathroom light switch Sparky Home Repair 23 November 10th 03 11:33 PM