Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Custom windows

thanks for offer sonny but I'm way up north -- anyway, just want to replace the sliding windows, not the sills and "one bys" etc that are attached to my brick house.

i thought there might be a premade frame i could cut to size then simply insert glass to make a fixed (non opening) unit.

perhaps not.

i want to do something custom for a precise fit.

just the top, bottom, sides and i suppose a middle piece.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/8/2011 6:00 PM, mkr5000 wrote:
thanks for offer sonny but I'm way up north -- anyway, just want to replace the sliding windows, not the sills and "one bys" etc that are attached to my brick house.

i thought there might be a premade frame i could cut to size then simply insert glass to make a fixed (non opening) unit.

perhaps not.

i want to do something custom for a precise fit.

just the top, bottom, sides and i suppose a middle piece.

You need to talk to glass companies that does aluminum windows for
commercial applications. They have stock molding that can be cut
and made to fit any size opening. They would also have the glass
to fit the new opening.

There are also "many" replacement window companies that will have
what you need.

Custom windows mkr5000 Woodworking 7 June 16th 11 01:32 AM
Storm Windows on Aluminum Windows Greg Esres Home Repair 13 June 23rd 07 12:47 AM
Custom Walking Stick for a Custom Head. [email protected] Woodworking 7 November 8th 06 05:06 PM
Are Storm Windows a reasonable approach for newish vinyl windows? patrick conroy Home Repair 6 October 31st 05 12:11 AM
Termopane windows or double windows? Walter R. Home Repair 1 July 17th 05 11:26 PM