Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Why-GM-Couldn-Be-Apple

On Jun 7, 6:00*pm, willshak wrote:
Swingman wrote the following:

GROVER wrote:

On Jun 7, 2:10 pm, Swingman wrote:

GROVER wrote:

On Jun 7, 12:31 pm, Bill wrote:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Why-GM...lantic-2675813...

Here's an an article you'll probably agree with. After you read it you
can substitute your favorite "tools that have gone bad..."

Bill

Lutz's article goes a long way in explaining why the trend in quality
merchandise and services seems to be heading south. Another good
example is plane travel. The airlines treat their passengers like they
are a bother instead of like they are customers. However there is
always a way for the well healed traveler to make his journey more
comfortable. There is the first class cabin, and the airlines private
club room at the airport. For the really well healed, perhaps even
including Lutz, there is the Lear jet.

"Heeled" fercrissakes, "heeled". *

--www.ewoodshop.com-Hide quoted text -

Hey Swing,
I don't want to get into a spelling bee, but "heal " looks okay.

Lol ... Yeah, but what disease(s) was he healed of? Sorry man, one was OK,
but two? .... *just blame it on your spell checker. *

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/well-heeled

I don't know the real entymology, but I think that it referred to a shoe
heel. A well heeled man did not have the heel wear of a poorer man.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I stand corrected on the spelling of heel. This thread is getting
erudite, etymologically speaking.
Joe G
Posted to rec.woodworking

GROVER wrote:

I stand corrected on the spelling of heel. This thread is getting
erudite, etymologically speaking.

LOL ... It was all in gest!

--
www.ewoodshop.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 8, 1:36*pm, Swingman wrote:
GROVER wrote:

I stand corrected on the spelling of heel. This thread is getting
erudite, etymologically speaking.

LOL ... It was all in gest!

--www.ewoodshop.com

Silliness is good for the giggle glands.

Posted to rec.woodworking

GROVER wrote:

I stand corrected on the spelling of heel. This thread is getting
erudite, etymologically speaking.

LOL ... It was all in gest!

Jest?

Not in this thread ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Why-GM-Couldn-Be-Apple Bill[_37_] Woodworking 10 June 10th 11 12:52 AM
Why-GM-Couldn-Be-Apple Swingman Woodworking 11 June 9th 11 04:29 PM
Why-GM-Couldn-Be-Apple Larry Jaques[_4_] Woodworking 1 June 8th 11 05:40 PM
Apple Maxprop Woodturning 16 August 12th 04 06:11 AM
apple Reyd Woodturning 11 June 4th 04 08:30 PM