Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Why-GM-Couldn-Be-Apple

On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 18:00:15 -0400, willshak
wrote:

Swingman wrote the following:
GROVER wrote:
club room at the airport. For the really well healed, perhaps even
including Lutz, there is the Lear jet.

"Heeled" fercrissakes, "heeled".

Hey Swing,
I don't want to get into a spelling bee, but "heal " looks okay.

Lol ... Yeah, but what disease(s) was he healed of? Sorry man, one was OK,
but two? .... just blame it on your spell checker.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/well-heeled

I don't know the real entymology, but I think that it referred to a shoe
heel. A well heeled man did not have the heel wear of a poorer man.

I'm pretty sure you didn't mean "entomology" (insectually speaking) so
you must have misspelled "etymology", or word origin.

Don't you just hate it when you correct someone and get it wrong?

--
Fleas can be taught nearly anything that a Congressman can.
-- Mark Twain
Posted to rec.woodworking

GROVER wrote:

club room at the airport. For the really well healed, perhaps even
including Lutz, there is the Lear jet.

"Heeled" fercrissakes, "heeled".

Hey Swing,
I don't want to get into a spelling bee, but "heal " looks okay.

Lol ... Yeah, but what disease(s) was he healed of? Sorry man, one was OK,
but two? .... just blame it on your spell checker.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/well-heeled

I don't know the real entymology, but I think that it referred to a shoe
heel. A well heeled man did not have the heel wear of a poorer man.

I'm pretty sure you didn't mean "entomology" (insectually speaking) so
you must have misspelled "etymology", or word origin.

Don't you just hate it when you correct someone and get it wrong?

I didn't correct anyone's spelling. I just went along with the
misspelling with a joke and my suggestion about the meaning of
'well-heeled'.
But, yes, I made a mistake in my spelling of etymology. Thanks for
correcting me.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Why-GM-Couldn-Be-Apple Bill[_37_] Woodworking 10 June 10th 11 12:52 AM
Why-GM-Couldn-Be-Apple Swingman Woodworking 11 June 9th 11 04:29 PM
Apple Sherfey Woodturning 8 June 30th 05 03:49 AM
Apple Maxprop Woodturning 16 August 12th 04 06:11 AM
apple Reyd Woodturning 11 June 4th 04 08:30 PM