Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Industrial accident

We had an accident at work today. One of my maintenance guys was working on
a machine and, even though he was wearing a T-shirt, caught his nipple ring
on a bolt head and tore the ring out. I understand he has pictures on his
Facebook page.

I just want to be sure you guys with nipple rings are taking proper
precautions and wear protective covers. I'm going to give him the tops of
jelly jars and a roll of duct tape.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/2/2011 7:14 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
We had an accident at work today. One of my maintenance guys was working
on a machine and, even though he was wearing a T-shirt, caught his
nipple ring on a bolt head and tore the ring out. I understand he has
pictures on his Facebook page.

I just want to be sure you guys with nipple rings are taking proper
precautions and wear protective covers. I'm going to give him the tops
of jelly jars and a roll of duct tape.

I'll be sure to take mine off during questionable operations... ;~O
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 2, 8:14*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
We had an accident at work today. One of my maintenance guys was working on
a machine and, even though he was wearing a T-shirt, caught his nipple ring
on a bolt head and tore the ring out. *I understand he has pictures on his
Facebook page.

I just want to be sure you guys with nipple rings are taking proper
precautions and wear protective covers. * I'm going to give him the tops of
jelly jars and a roll of duct tape.

I best be careful with that M10 bolt then.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

We had an accident at work today. One of my maintenance guys was
working on a machine and, even though he was wearing a T-shirt, caught
his nipple ring on a bolt head and tore the ring out. I understand he
has pictures on his Facebook page.

I just want to be sure you guys with nipple rings are taking proper
precautions and wear protective covers. I'm going to give him the
tops of jelly jars and a roll of duct tape.

I knew I was saving that jelly jar cover for something ...

Wait, I don't like body piercings ...

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 20:14:28 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

We had an accident at work today. One of my maintenance guys was working on
a machine and, even though he was wearing a T-shirt, caught his nipple ring
on a bolt head and tore the ring out. I understand he has pictures on his
Facebook page.

I just want to be sure you guys with nipple rings are taking proper
precautions and wear protective covers. I'm going to give him the tops of
jelly jars and a roll of duct tape.

Please don't tell us about the next one. (It might be a glans ring, so
don't tell us your safety mechanism for that, either, _especially_ if
it mentions duct tape.)

--
Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
We had an accident at work today. One of my maintenance guys was working
on a machine and, even though he was wearing a T-shirt, caught his nipple
ring on a bolt head and tore the ring out. I understand he has pictures
on his Facebook page.

I just want to be sure you guys with nipple rings are taking proper
precautions and wear protective covers. I'm going to give him the tops
of jelly jars and a roll of duct tape.

I really have no objection to anybody with piercings, long hair, tattoos,
etc. But when you start to work around machinery, they can be problematic,
to say the least. I always prized safety over fashion. Or fitting in with a
bunch of folks who don't know what work is. Or safety.

Reminds me of that Jeff Foxworthy story about the guy who picked up a "dead"
beaver. It woke up and bit his nipple off. Soooo...., you might be a
redneck if a beaver bites off your nipple. What does it make you if you
have a nipple ripped off/open from a big machine? Somehow, I think it fits
in the same category as the beaver guy.

Maybe he needs to wear one of those Viking, opera bras, for protection
purposes, of course.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

We had an accident at work today. One of my maintenance guys was working
on
a machine and, even though he was wearing a T-shirt, caught his nipple
ring
on a bolt head and tore the ring out. I understand he has pictures on his
Facebook page.

I just want to be sure you guys with nipple rings are taking proper
precautions and wear protective covers. I'm going to give him the tops
of
jelly jars and a roll of duct tape.

Please don't tell us about the next one. (It might be a glans ring, so
don't tell us your safety mechanism for that, either, _especially_ if
it mentions duct tape.)

--
Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.

The wierdest one impinging on my visual range was
a specimen who had tapped ss mounts inserted
beneath the skin upwards of the forehead on
either side of the front of the skull. After the
skin had healed and tightened, he had horns screwed
into the base elements, wearing all of this with
a delightfully snotty air of feigned nonchalance
seasoned with a sense of laughable menace.

Highly amusing. I chatted him up a bit.
Maybe he was a nice guy,
but I'm not making book on it.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 21:05:58 -0700, "Edward Hennessey"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

THAT close to a frontal lobotomy, eh? ---||

After the
skin had healed and tightened, he had horns screwed
into the base elements, wearing all of this with
a delightfully snotty air of feigned nonchalance
seasoned with a sense of laughable menace.

Highly amusing. I chatted him up a bit.
Maybe he was a nice guy,
but I'm not making book on it.

I've seen pics, and that's as close as I want to get to a super-
pierce-freak, thankyouverymuch.

I doubt that I'll ever have ink or metal in/on my skin in this
lifetime. You?

http://goo.gl/ODaTn Sweet cell phone carrier, eh? I saw two guys with
those in Grants Pass last weekend. thud

http://goo.gl/sCRXZ corset piercing.

http://goo.gl/O41d4 I'd like to check out Kristen's piercing closely.

http://goo.gl/ht4E9 How does she EAT? Weight of all that metal?

http://goo.gl/mPueb Implants. Lots of Klingons out there now, too.

http://goo.gl/H9IUi Zip it up, bitz.

http://goo.gl/e0YaR Pierced BLING?

--
Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

You lot are really weird

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

I just want to be sure you guys with nipple rings are taking proper
precautions and wear protective covers. I'm going to give him the tops
of jelly jars and a roll of duct tape.

Could have been worse, there are people who get rings and other hardware
inserted elsewhere into their anatomy.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Not me, I want "them" to havw as much trouble as possible
identifying the body.

basilisk
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

LJ:

If you want a "backward" lobotomy, count the two guys
seen with tattooed faces on the rear of their skulls, complete with
the haircut trimmed to simulate moustaches and beards.

Reminds me of the Tomcats painted with canopies beneath to look
like they're flying upside down. Maybe that duet was
pilots?

BTW, in a suave PR move, the name of that operation has
been changed to "leucotomy". IIRC, the guy who invented it
under the former moniker won a Nobel prize for the procedure....
Aha, the name of the award winner was Egas Moniz.

After the
skin had healed and tightened, he had horns screwed
into the base elements, wearing all of this with
a delightfully snotty air of feigned nonchalance
seasoned with a sense of laughable menace.

Highly amusing. I chatted him up a bit.
Maybe he was a nice guy,
but I'm not making book on it.

I've seen pics, and that's as close as I want to get to a super-
pierce-freak, thankyouverymuch.

I doubt that I'll ever have ink or metal in/on my skin in this
lifetime. You?

Not me, I want "them" to havw as much trouble as possible
identifying the body.

basilisk

There's that great line "A tattoo is a permanent reminder of a
temporary emotion." You need one
for a medical alert, fine. But why people get them on places
they can't see is curious. Covering them up in certain social
situations, as well, does seem to incline to a reconsideration
of the initial decision. I try to focus on character and deeds.
But some folk are dead set on making hard judgement on
externals and that prejudice is the jeopardy of tattoos and
the like.

Hey, B, you planning to get in to astral projection anytime
soon?

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

I thought it was originally "leucotomy" and the term "lobotomy" came
later.

After the
skin had healed and tightened, he had horns screwed
into the base elements, wearing all of this with
a delightfully snotty air of feigned nonchalance
seasoned with a sense of laughable menace.

Highly amusing. I chatted him up a bit.
Maybe he was a nice guy,
but I'm not making book on it.

I've seen pics, and that's as close as I want to get to a super-
pierce-freak, thankyouverymuch.

I doubt that I'll ever have ink or metal in/on my skin in this
lifetime. You?

Not me, I want "them" to havw as much trouble as possible
identifying the body.

basilisk

There's that great line "A tattoo is a permanent reminder of a
temporary emotion."

Sometimes it's a way of remembering something or someone that you don't
_want_ to forget.

You need one
for a medical alert, fine. But why people get them on places
they can't see is curious.

Obviously they are there for someone else to see.

Covering them up in certain social
situations, as well, does seem to incline to a reconsideration
of the initial decision.

Or a recognition that one must make certain compromises in the interest
of having food on the table.

I try to focus on character and deeds.
But some folk are dead set on making hard judgement on
externals and that prejudice is the jeopardy of tattoos and
the like.

Hence the covering in situations in which the views of such people
matter.

Hey, B, you planning to get in to astral projection anytime
soon?

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 11:40:25 -0700, "CW"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

I doubt that I'll ever have ink or metal in/on my skin in this
lifetime. You?

Three in my left ear. The first one I got when I was 16 (1976). The next two
were when I was 46. I think at age 76 I'm going to start on the other ear.

So they'll have something to hang your hide from when you depart, eh?
Cool.

--
Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 3, 6:53*pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:

I thought it was originally "leucotomy" and the term "lobotomy" came
later.

WOW!!!!! How informative!!!!!

Good God, John... Stoppit already, We are all so overwhelmed by your
wisdom!!!!!

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
We had an accident at work today. One of my maintenance guys was working
on a machine and, even though he was wearing a T-shirt, caught his nipple
ring on a bolt head and tore the ring out. I understand he has pictures
on his Facebook page.

I just want to be sure you guys with nipple rings are taking proper
precautions and wear protective covers. I'm going to give him the tops
of jelly jars and a roll of duct tape.

Make sure he wears a cup in case of any other ring he may be hiding.

Posted to rec.woodworking

m...

wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..

I doubt that I'll ever have ink or metal in/on my skin in this
lifetime. You?

Three in my left ear. The first one I got when I was 16 (1976). The next
two
were when I was 46. I think at age 76 I'm going to start on the other ear.

So they'll have something to hang your hide from when you depart, eh?
Cool.

.

=====================

I thought we were disgusting how tattoos were industrial accidents??

Eric

Posted to rec.woodworking

"DGDevin" wrote in message
m...

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

I just want to be sure you guys with nipple rings are taking proper
precautions and wear protective covers. I'm going to give him the tops
of jelly jars and a roll of duct tape.

Could have been worse, there are people who get rings and other hardware
inserted elsewhere into their anatomy.

=====================

Can be handy to have a tackle box with the right hardware with you at all
times.
#50 drill bit through your nose for those quick tapping holes?

--

Eric

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Nope, I have too much trouble on the physical plane, I don't
want to open another one.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

om...
wrote:

[...]

You will enjoy this.

A divergent friend went to "Astral
Projection Camp" once. Honest. The injunction to novices
was no speaking for the first week of the experience.

He observed that the second week ruined his fond
opinion of many people.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey