Default question about posting pics to ABPW

Visit www.delorie.com/wood as he archives for a month.

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 16:40:59 GMT, "John Moorhead"
wrote:

I've posted several pictures of my lathe stand project to abpw, and they
*must* have posted because I got a comment about them, but I can't see that
they have posted in the thread. If I do a search by author, they are not
there.

John Moorhead

Folks -

I've posted several pictures of my lathe stand project to abpw, and they
*must* have posted because I got a comment about them, but I can't see that
they have posted in the thread. If I do a search by author, they are not
there. WTF?? I have posted 4 messages with pics in the last few days, two
of them are there, the other two are not - far as I can tell - and yet, one
of the "missing" photos got a comment a few hours after I sent it.

I am using OE to post... any ideas what's going on?

John Moorhead

Lawrence L'Hote

"John Moorhead" wrote in message
m...
Folks -

I've posted several pictures of my lathe stand project to abpw, and they
*must* have posted because I got a comment about them, but I can't see

that
they have posted in the thread.

Maybe try go to View, Click on Current View and select Show All Messages.
Sometimes when I post to abpw, Outlook marks it as 'read' and it doesn't
appear until I change Current View to Show All.

Larry

John Moorhead

Lawrence -

Well, I checked, and those are the current defaults..... Any other ideas?
This is weird... Regardless, thanks for the tip!

John Moorhead

"Lawrence L'Hote" wrote in message

"John Moorhead" wrote in message
m...
Folks -

I've posted several pictures of my lathe stand project to abpw, and they
*must* have posted because I got a comment about them, but I can't see

that
they have posted in the thread.

Maybe try go to View, Click on Current View and select Show All Messages.
Sometimes when I post to abpw, Outlook marks it as 'read' and it doesn't
appear until I change Current View to Show All.

Larry

patriarch

"John Moorhead" wrote in
m:

Folks -

I've posted several pictures of my lathe stand project to abpw, and
they *must* have posted because I got a comment about them, but I
can't see that they have posted in the thread. If I do a search by
author, they are not there. WTF?? I have posted 4 messages with pics
in the last few days, two of them are there, the other two are not -
far as I can tell - and yet, one of the "missing" photos got a comment
a few hours after I sent it.

I am using OE to post... any ideas what's going on?

John Moorhead

Do you have access to more than one news server? Prodigy/SBC isn't always
in the Usenet business.

News servers are available independently from your ISP. Some are free, and
some are merely reasonable. For your purposes, a secondary free server
might be worth investigating.

Various folks here have recommended servers in the past. Google would know
what those are. Setting up OE to view a second, or alternate server, is
pretty easy. Anyone who can successfully make mortised and tenoned doors
should have no problem! ;-)

Patriarch

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 16:40:59 GMT, "John Moorhead"
wrote:

Folks -

I've posted several pictures of my lathe stand project to abpw, and they
*must* have posted because I got a comment about them, but I can't see that
they have posted in the thread. If I do a search by author, they are not
there. WTF?? I have posted 4 messages with pics in the last few days, two
of them are there, the other two are not - far as I can tell - and yet, one
of the "missing" photos got a comment a few hours after I sent it.

I am using OE to post... any ideas what's going on?

John Moorhead

do you see non binary posts of your own? for that matter, have you
ever seen your own binary posts?

your newsreader may be set to not download your own posts.
John Moorhead

Hello there!

You see, *that's* the problem... Of my last 4 posts, with .jpg attachments,
2 have posted, two have not, as far as I can tell - yet - I did get a
"Resubject) post about my posting, and I *do not* see the post that
prompted the reply.

Odd...

John Moorhead

wrote in message
On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 16:40:59 GMT, "John Moorhead"
wrote:

Folks -

I've posted several pictures of my lathe stand project to abpw, and they
*must* have posted because I got a comment about them, but I can't see

that
they have posted in the thread. If I do a search by author, they are not
there. WTF?? I have posted 4 messages with pics in the last few days,

two
of them are there, the other two are not - far as I can tell - and yet,

one
of the "missing" photos got a comment a few hours after I sent it.

I am using OE to post... any ideas what's going on?

John Moorhead

do you see non binary posts of your own? for that matter, have you
ever seen your own binary posts?

your newsreader may be set to not download your own posts.

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 00:51:21 GMT, "John Moorhead"
wrote:

Hello there!

You see, *that's* the problem... Of my last 4 posts, with .jpg attachments,
2 have posted, two have not, as far as I can tell - yet - I did get a
"Resubject) post about my posting, and I *do not* see the post that
prompted the reply.

Odd...

John Moorhead

sounds like server problems then.

Changing A Lightbulb, A lesson in Posting? Boris Beizer Metalworking 5 March 27th 04 12:20 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Top vs Bottom posting Dave UK diy 54 September 4th 03 12:00 PM
[OT] Car insurance craziness The Q UK diy 173 August 2nd 03 10:58 PM