Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Who is on Facebook?

Swingman wrote:

Tools menu; Message Filters; New; add your parameters, give the filter a
name, and save it.

It appears that you then have to "Run Filters" when you download new
messages. Is there a way to configure it so that the filters run
automatically? I am using SeaMonkey, derived from Thunderbird, so its
conceivable that SeaMonkey will be different (but I doubt it).

Bill

You can set each filter to run on download or manually, or both.

I will look into that. Thanks!

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/18/2011 11:36 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:
On 5/19/11 2:20 AM, Charlie Groh wrote:
On 5/17/2011 9:20 AM, Leon wrote:
"Swingman" wrote in message

On 5/17/2011 6:35 AM, Leon wrote:
Anyway - Leon... yes - Facebook is still convoluted - or at least it
was
the
last time I looked at it, which was probably months ago.

Leon, your replies are grayed out and they don't quote at all??

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Unfortunately I don't have a clue why or how to fix it. Using the dumbed
down version of OE. Ill have to look in to another news reader when I
get a
chance.

I used Agent for a long time, recently rebuilt my desktops so
checked-out Thunderbird. Mail *and* newsgroups all on one
page...actually lovin' it...

I prefer using different programs for usenet and email, helps to totally
eliminate the possibility of posting a email to usenet. :-)

....yeah, but the way they got it set up you really can't do that. I've
got 3 email accounts and maybe 8 NG's way at the bottom of the page. If
you write an email, that's what it is...same for the groups.

cg
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/19/2011 7:52 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 5/19/2011 6:27 AM, Leon wrote:

I just switched to Thunderbird, how do you block a sender?

Tools menu; Message Filters; New; add your parameters, give the filter a
name, and save it.

Or, when reading a message, right click on the senders name, click on
'create filter from' in the pop up window...
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/19/2011 6:27 AM, Leon wrote:

I just switched to Thunderbird, how do you block a sender?

Tools menu; Message Filters; New; add your parameters, give the filter a
name, and save it.

Or, when reading a message, right click on the senders name, click on
'create filter from' in the pop up window...

Missed that one ... thanks!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 16, 7:45*am, "David F. Eisan"
wrote:
Hello everyone,

I don't post on here much anymore, so many people have lost newsgroups, a
lot of the old members are not around here anymore.

Are many of you on Facebook? I have been posting my works on there for
friends and family to see.

Here is some of my recent work,

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...741.276400.729....

If you are on Facebook and I "know" you, add me.

David Eisan - London, Ontario

Take care,

David.

I am getting to a point where Facebook is starting to bore me.
All the fun and informative interactions happen on other channels,
such as my regular e-mail and my gmail accounts. The back'n forth
banter in here is far more interesting than Facebook.
And YOUR mileage may vary.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 13:15:40 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

On May 16, 7:45*am, "David F. Eisan"
wrote:
Hello everyone,

I don't post on here much anymore, so many people have lost newsgroups, a
lot of the old members are not around here anymore.

Are many of you on Facebook? I have been posting my works on there for
friends and family to see.

Here is some of my recent work,

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...741.276400.729...

If you are on Facebook and I "know" you, add me.

David Eisan - London, Ontario

Take care,

David.

I am getting to a point where Facebook is starting to bore me.
All the fun and informative interactions happen on other channels,
such as my regular e-mail and my gmail accounts. The back'n forth
banter in here is far more interesting than Facebook.
And YOUR mileage may vary.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/face...h-20110613-ncx
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 13:15:40 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy snip

I am getting to a point where Facebook is starting to bore me.
All the fun and informative interactions happen on other channels,
such as my regular e-mail and my gmail accounts. The back'n forth
banter in here is far more interesting than Facebook.
And YOUR mileage may vary.

I find just the oppisite, but probably have different uses..
If I post to ABPW at all, it's a link to a FB album..
Seems like most of my friends and family are on FB and "Instant
Messages" have replaced a lot of what I used to do with email..
If I send a friend an IM, they're also notified by email, so it's
twice the chance of getting a quick reply..

Not wood related, but in the last 18 months we've doubled the
attendence of our karaoke gig and the only change has been using
Facebook..
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 14, 2:22*am, Mac Davis wrote:

Not wood related, but in the last 18 months we've doubled the
attendence of our karaoke gig and the only change has been using
Facebook..

LOL...yet another reason to drop FB..LOL
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 05:54:41 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

On Jun 14, 2:22Â*am, Mac Davis wrote:

Not wood related, but in the last 18 months we've doubled the
attendence of our karaoke gig and the only change has been using
Facebook..

LOL...yet another reason to drop FB..LOL

Karaoke/rap make me miss disco, and I _hated_ disco.

--
To know the road ahead, ask those coming back.
-- Chinese Proverb
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
On Jun 14, 2:22*am, Mac Davis wrote:

Not wood related, but in the last 18 months we've doubled the
attendence of our karaoke gig and the only change has been using
Facebook..

LOL...yet another reason to drop FB..LOL

Karaoke/rap make me miss disco, and I _hated_ disco.

How CAN you forget lyrics as classy as these:

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk,
I'm a woman's man, no time to talk.
Music loud and women warm.
I've been kicked around since I was born.
And now it's all right, it's O.K.
And you may look the other way.
We can try to understand
The New York Times' effect on man.
Whether you're a brother
Or whether you're a mother,
You're stayin' alive, stayin' alive.
Feel the city breakin'
And ev'rybody shakin'
And we're stayin' alive, stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive.
Stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive.
..
..
..
Now TRY to get that song out of your head.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
[...]

.
.
.
Now TRY to get that song out of your head.

Never could figure out what the big deal was with the Bee Gee's? I always
hated them just for their name not to mention it was DISCO! Disco destroyed
the live band era. But it did advance Blue Grass and Country Rock for those
that enjoyed and appreciated the "Live" sound.
Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Man. 2010.1 Spring
KDE4.4
2.6.33.5-desktop-2mnb
Posted to rec.woodworking

Rich wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive.
Stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive.
.
.
.
Now TRY to get that song out of your head.

Never could figure out what the big deal was with the Bee Gee's? I always
hated them just for their name not to mention it was DISCO! Disco destroyed
the live band era. But it did advance Blue Grass and Country Rock for those
that enjoyed and appreciated the "Live" sound.
Rich

As a musician, if you walk into a club to set up for the gig and "YMCA" is
playing on the jukebox, you know you're in for a rough night!
--
www.ewoodshop.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/14/11 12:05 PM, Swingman wrote:

As a musician, if you walk into a club to set up for the gig and "YMCA" is
playing on the jukebox, you know you're in for a rough night!

"Like"

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

The BeeGees were not just disco. One of my favorites was "I've Gotta Get
a Message to You", sung by Maurice Gibbs.
Also ' Massachusetts', and many others.
Go to You Tube and search BeeGees.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 14, 1:05*pm, Swingman wrote:
Rich wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive.
Stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive.
.
.
.
Now TRY to get that song out of your head.

Never could figure out what the big deal was with the Bee Gee's? I always
hated them just for their name not to mention it was DISCO! Disco destroyed
the live band era. But it did advance Blue Grass and Country Rock for those
that enjoyed and appreciated the "Live" sound.
Rich

As a musician, if you walk into a club to set up for the gig and "YMCA" is
playing on the jukebox, you know you're in for a rough night!

Get behind that chicken wire

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/14/11 1:39 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Jun 14, 1:05 pm, wrote:
wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive.
Stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive.
.
.
.
Now TRY to get that song out of your head.
Never could figure out what the big deal was with the Bee Gee's? I always
hated them just for their name not to mention it was DISCO! Disco destroyed
the live band era. But it did advance Blue Grass and Country Rock for those
that enjoyed and appreciated the "Live" sound.
Rich

As a musician, if you walk into a club to set up for the gig and "YMCA" is
playing on the jukebox, you know you're in for a rough night!

Get behind that chicken wire

Rawhide !!!!

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 14, 1:44*pm, FrozenNorth
wrote:
On 6/14/11 1:39 PM, Robatoy wrote:

On Jun 14, 1:05 pm, *wrote:
*wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive.
Stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive.
.
.
.
Now TRY to get that song out of your head.
Never could figure out what the big deal was with the Bee Gee's? I always
hated them just for their name not to mention it was DISCO! Disco destroyed
the live band era. But it did advance Blue Grass and Country Rock for those
that enjoyed and appreciated the "Live" sound.
Rich

As a musician, if you walk into a club to set up for the gig and "YMCA" is
playing on the jukebox, you know you're in for a rough night!

Get behind that chicken wire

Rawhide !!!!

--
Froz...

Theeeeeeeuuuu Dick Van Dyke SHOW!!!!!

and
wil
raise you

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful trip
That started from this tropic port
Aboard this tiny ship.

The mate was a mighty sailing man,
The skipper brave and sure.
Five passengers set sail that day
For a three hour tour, a three hour tour.

The weather started getting rough,
The tiny ship was tossed,
If not for the courage of the fearless crew
The minnow would be lost, the minnow would be lost.

The ship set ground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle
With Gilligan
The Skipper too,
The millionaire and his wife,
The movie star
The professor and Mary Ann,
Here on Gilligans Isle.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

wrote:
On Jun 14, 2:22 am, Mac wrote:

[...]

Come on now, didn't you like "Disco Inferno" better?

SATisFaction, came with the changing action.... !!!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 09:43:06 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

wrote:
On Jun 14, 2:22Â*am, Mac Davis wrote:

Not wood related, but in the last 18 months we've doubled the
attendence of our karaoke gig and the only change has been using
Facebook..

LOL...yet another reason to drop FB..LOL

Karaoke/rap make me miss disco, and I _hated_ disco.

How CAN you forget lyrics as classy as these:

--snip--

Stayin' alive.
Stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive.
.
.
.
Now TRY to get that song out of your head.

You miserable BASTID! That song is a peculiarly vicious infection.

--
To know the road ahead, ask those coming back.
-- Chinese Proverb
Posted to rec.woodworking

"willshak" wrote in message
m...

Go to You Tube and search BeeGees.

--

I'd rather drink hot tar.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/14/2011 11:43 AM, Robatoy wrote:

wrote:
On Jun 14, 2:22 am, Mac wrote:

[...]

that's a great song by a great group!

Think: Shake shake shake, shake shake, shake, Shake your booty.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
On Jun 14, 2:22 am, Mac wrote:

[...]

That's KC and the Sunshine Band.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 15:54:45 -0700, "CW"
wrote:

"willshak" wrote in message
om...

Go to You Tube and search BeeGees.

--

I'd rather drink hot tar.

AND feathers.

--
To know the road ahead, ask those coming back.
-- Chinese Proverb

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 14, 9:37*pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:
In article ,
says...

"willshak" wrote in message
om...

Go to You Tube and search BeeGees.

--

I'd rather drink hot tar.

Daphne Reynolds: *"So what kind of music did you listen to when you were
younger?"

Lord Dashwood: *"You mean back before the Earth cooled?"

Daphne Reynolds: *"Yeah. *Like your favorite band of the '70s. *Please
don't say the Bee Gees, please. *Don't say the Bee Gees."

excerpt from "What A Girl Wants", 2003, Amanda Bynes and Colin Firth.

Anyone else notice the scent of a little too much lavender in the air
here??
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Jun 14, 2:22*am, Mac Davis wrote:

Not wood related, but in the last 18 months we've doubled the
attendence of our karaoke gig and the only change has been using
Facebook..

LOL...yet another reason to drop FB..LOL

Karaoke/rap make me miss disco, and I _hated_ disco.

Thanks for the encourgement and **** you too.. bye now..
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

wrote:

On Jun 14, 2:22Â*am, Mac Davis wrote:

Not wood related, but in the last 18 months we've doubled the
attendence of our karaoke gig and the only change has been using
Facebook..

LOL...yet another reason to drop FB..LOL

Karaoke/rap make me miss disco, and I _hated_ disco.

--
To know the road ahead, ask those coming back.
-- Chinese Proverb

Amen Brother! Having lived through the disco era I want to puke at the
thought of that music coming back.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 15 Jun 2011 07:17:41 GMT, Steve wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

wrote:

On Jun 14, 2:22Â*am, Mac Davis wrote:

Not wood related, but in the last 18 months we've doubled the
attendence of our karaoke gig and the only change has been using
Facebook..

LOL...yet another reason to drop FB..LOL

Karaoke/rap make me miss disco, and I _hated_ disco.

--
To know the road ahead, ask those coming back.
-- Chinese Proverb

Amen Brother! Having lived through the disco era I want to puke at the
thought of that music coming back.

And the end in Comiskey Park...
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Jun 14, 2:22Â*am, Mac Davis wrote:

Not wood related, but in the last 18 months we've doubled the
attendence of our karaoke gig and the only change has been using
Facebook..

LOL...yet another reason to drop FB..LOL

Karaoke/rap make me miss disco, and I _hated_ disco.

Thanks for the encourgement and **** you too.. bye now..

Should I be upset that a karaokeer hates me,
or is that A Good Thing(tm)? How do you feel, Toy?

P.S: I don't like children or Christmas carolers singing off-key,
either.

--
"The history of temperature change over time is related to
the shape of the continents, the shape of the sea floor,
Posted to rec.woodworking

Rich wrote:

.
Now TRY to get that song out of your head.

Never could figure out what the big deal was with the Bee Gee's? I
always hated them just for their name not to mention it was DISCO!

Oh man - not at all! The Bee Gees long preceeded the disco era. They put
out some great music in the late 60's and early 70's. That was the Bee Gees
as far as I'm concerned - not the crap they put out in the Disco era.

Disco destroyed the live band era. But it did advance Blue Grass and
Country Rock for those that enjoyed and appreciated the "Live" sound.

Nah - disco didn't kill live bands. Ya can't kill live rock-n-roll.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:57:02 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Rich wrote:

.
Now TRY to get that song out of your head.

Never could figure out what the big deal was with the Bee Gee's? I
always hated them just for their name not to mention it was DISCO!

Oh man - not at all! The Bee Gees long preceeded the disco era. They put
out some great music in the late 60's and early 70's. That was the Bee Gees
as far as I'm concerned - not the crap they put out in the Disco era.

HAH! The BeeGees were likely the infection which -started- the disco
disease. Egad, they were horrible.

--
Happiness is when what you think, what
you say, and what you do are in harmony.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 15, 11:23*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:

HAH! *The BeeGees were likely the infection which -started- the disco
disease. *Egad, they were horrible.

Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive.
Stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

HAH! The BeeGees were likely the infection which -started- the disco
disease. Egad, they were horrible.

Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive.
Stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive

BANG!!!

HEY!!! That was my best vinyl copy!!!!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/15/11 12:02 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Jun 15, 11:56 am, "Mike
wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
On Jun 15, 11:23 am, Larry
wrote:

HAH! The BeeGees were likely the infection which -started- the disco
disease. Egad, they were horrible.

Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive.
Stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive

BANG!!!

HEY!!! That was my best vinyl copy!!!!

Don't look now Rob, but you are bleeding.

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 15, 1:21*pm, FrozenNorth
wrote:
On 6/15/11 12:02 PM, Robatoy wrote:

On Jun 15, 11:56 am, "Mike
wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
On Jun 15, 11:23 am, Larry
wrote:

HAH! The BeeGees were likely the infection which -started- the disco
disease. Egad, they were horrible.

Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive.
Stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive

BANG!!!

HEY!!! That was my best vinyl copy!!!!

Don't look now Rob, but you are bleeding.

--
Froz...

Arggh, laddy, 'tis only a fleshwound, the album is okay!!!

Facebook FFS Jim K[_3_] UK diy 0 March 3rd 11 02:36 PM
[C&UOT] facebook friends John Stumbles UK diy 33 July 27th 10 01:24 PM
Infected you tube link via facebook message cynic UK diy 9 March 5th 10 08:51 AM